BEST homebrew to date!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa-in-utah

Reaction score
Only have 5 batches under my belt but I think I just drank "my best" so far.

I brewed "Arrogant Ale" named after the LHBS owner that was very arrogant and a prick when I was there. I asked for a light American Ale with lots of hops and he put this recipe together on a whim and it is very very good. Here goes.....

1 lb American Pale (toasted for 10 min @ 350) - steeped for 30 min at 150
6 lb Light LME
1 oz Norther Brewer 4.8% - 60 min
1 oz Chinook 12.1% - 3 min
1 oz Chinook 12.1% - Dry hop for 2 weeks in secondary.
WLP 041 - West coast ale yeast (I chose this)

Been in the bottle for just under 2 weeks. Best carb yet (at this point), smoothest and "easiest" to drink. Somehow--- got a hint of a "fruity" taste but man it is good. Not sure if the yeast gave it a "fruity" character?.?.?. It was fermented at 70-72.

I would like some more hops "in the glass" but still my best brew to date!!!! All my brews have been drinkable and tasty but OH BOY....... This is the one so far!! Time to brew another like it....

I know a lhbs owner that is an arrogant prick, which store were you at?

Yeah thats what I figured, he's a dick but he knows his stuff. I went up and did a 100 gallon brew with him a couple months ago. He's actually a pretty cool guy once you get to know him. From your recipe it sounds like we did pretty much the same for all 100 gallons.

The lhbs owner brews 100 gallons every year, his only brewing session. He has a bunch of guys come over, sets up 20 keggles, 10 for PMing, and 10 for boiling. I am not quite sure why he does only partial mashes when he does it. We only used about 3lbs of extract per 5 gallons of beer. More like all grain with a little extract. I got a batch of beer for my efforts and it was excellent.

Back