Russian River

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
A friend of mine just called. He is on a business trip in Santa Rosa this weekend and he is right now at Russian River Brewing Company. He is drinking Pliny the Elder. Happy hour price $2.75 for a 20oz. Imperial Pint. He's killing me!

Russian River has other good ales. Their Damnation is one of the few big Belgian-style ales that I enjoy.

I am a self diagnosed hophead and love Pliny the Elder, The Younger and Blind Pig IPA from Russian River. I also love the barrel aged sour Belgians and Vinnie at Russian River does an amazing job with that style as well. I have 1 each left after my party of Temptation and Beatification. Beatification is the Temptation aged 23 months in La Folie barrels from New Belgium.

He is not to far from Lagunita's brewery either. I am going to get up there someday.
True. He is planning on doing a Napa Valley Beer Tour tomorrow. I even heard they make wine down there as well...whatever.;)

OH YEAH! If he's a hop head, let him pray that Racer X is on tap at BR.

"Racer X - This strong winter ale follows English brewing traditions, but with our California twist. Bold hops, but balanced ... It's a double IPA! A.B.V. 7.8%"

Not that I'd mind a Hop Rod Rye right now.

Back