Newaygo Brewing and Brewworks in Fremont, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friend and myself visited the Indian River Tobacco Company Homebrew shop last night and then stopped in at Newaygo Brewing Co. and then Fremont's Brewworks, down the road.

Pretty nice places. Busy. Good beer and the food menu looked good, but we didn't eat.

Newaygo had an English Ale that was excellent. There was a cask version but I didn't notice much difference between that and the regular version.

Some of the beers seems less carbed than they should be, but it's a small thing. Cozy little place with handcrafted pizzas.

I believe they are running 2 x 3barrel PsychoBrew systems. The BEAST, I think, from the Psychobrew website. Pretty cool monster homebrew system. 4 burner gas-fired system. The owner and brewer, Nick gave us a nice tour and filled us in on the details. He's worked hard over there and his dedication shows.

Brewworks has the same system. They aren't brewing there yet. It seems to be another brewery by the owner of The Cellar Brewing near Sparta, MI. He's currently shipping beer to Fremont until the Psychobrew system is running to satisfaction. They just opened this weekend.

Another busy place also with friendly staff and good beer. We got a nice tour from Jordan, the taproom manager. She apologized in advance for not knowing much about the brewroom, but honestly she did quite well and was really friendly and informative.

I'd go back to either of these, but next time I'll bring my appetite. The food looked really good!

Back