powder coating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalisi

Reaction score
After getting my stainless quote $230/10' for my brutus 10 build I'm thinking mild steel powder coated my be a better option (read I'm cheap). Anyone on here in the Nashville, tn area have someone I could use. I've called around but haven't found anyone yet. I was wondering how it would hold up to the heated areas as well.

Any thoughts on how much it would cost to coat it?

You should be able to get stainless for 10 buck a foot or less. Powder coat is not cheap and it will burn off like paint. Check metal express for pricing on stainless.

Pat

Pat

thanks for the info. I looked online but didn't see this site. the prices seem to be very reasonable. I'll try to put my list together and see how it comes out. I'd rather use stainless if I can.

One more question could I weld this up using flux steel instead of solid steel and gas. I have a miller mig 135 setup with a tank but its not aragon I don't believe.

Pat

thanks for the info. I looked online but didn't see this site. the prices seem to be very reasonable. I'll try to put my list together and see how it comes out. I'd rather use stainless if I can.

One more question could I weld this up using flux steel instead of solid steel and gas. I have a miller mig 135 setup with a tank but its not aragon I don't believe.

You will have a lot nicer weld with gas less clean up and you also need to buy a roll of stainless wire dont use steel the weld will rust.

Pat

I use 75/25 gas for welding (25% CO2 plus 75% argon mixture), it seems to make a good all around gas for steel and stainless welding. At least for my hobby needs.

Latest posts

Back