Pumpkin does not belong in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell that to our founding fathers! Tommy J. was one of the first to use pumpkin in his beers! That's a style that has been around for a long time, and it doesn't look like it is leaving soon.

October or not. It's wrong.

I just think that needed to be said.

i do not enjoy the pumpkin tainted beer. it's not wrong, and when the economy collapses, you'll pine for pumpkin beer, but for now i'll pass.

edit: is that as pitcher or catcher sabre? :OP

I'm going further. Any sort of "spiced" beer is wrong. I don't care if it's freaking Christmas. No nutmeg. No vanilla. No parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme.

And I'll go off the edge completely...outside of a traditional Lambic, no fruit. No raspberry wheat. No watermelon blonde. Yeah Shecky...no freakin' Orange Blossom anything.

You guys have any questions about what I'll be allowing, let me know. But this foo foo stuff needs nipped. I'm just saying.

No specialty malts or other hops to give the beer different flavors either. Screw it, SMASH beers from now on with only 2 row and Fuggles. :D

Back