Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Ok, so I looked around online for a recipe and got a few grain bills and a few hop bills. I kinda sorta mixed those together with what I had in stock and ended up with what I hope to be a kinda close oaked arrogant bastard. I cooked it up last night and hit gravity dead on. I would have done all grain, but I didn't have enough 2row so I subbed in some wheat extract I had laying around (which was a sub for 3.3# x-pale lme I thought I had). I think I would have needed like 13.5 pounds of 2row to do it all grain at my efficiency or something. The wheat should be ok.. I'll probably get nice head retention if anything...

oaked_arrogant_bastard_ale.GIF

I have some American medium toast oak cubes that I'm gonna add after its been kegged. I think I'm gonna steam the cubes to sanitize them, drop 1oz in a hop sock and drop it in keg. I have 2.5oz oak, but as per Jamil its best to use less and wait longer.

Anyways, I figured I'd put this link here for discussion and it'll add it to the recipe database after I've had a taste. It should be one Arrogant SOB with all that Chinook. :p

I kegged this brew up today. Its dark and cloudy just like the commercial brew. I added the oak with some bourbon to it and plan on around two weeks on that. Its a cocky SOB thats for sure!! It finished down to 1.016... it may drop another point or two in the keg...

I just finished a bottle (22 oz) just now. It's definately high octane ale for sure. Let us know how it turns out.:tank:

Back