Ninjas VS Unicorn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johns

Reaction score
about 3 months ago I tasted this beer from a brewery in Chicago. Its from Pipeworks. This is one of the best beers I have ever had and so I am now looking for a clone.

Anyone that has ever tried this beer agrees. Also there has been nothing but rave review all over the internet about it.

I have very little experience cloning beer myself as I am new to home-brewing (about 6 months for beer), but I would love it and would be eternally grateful if anyone would know how to clone this beer or if anyone has the recipe and post it here.

Step one: Email the brewery. Tell them you dig their beer and ask for help brewing a homebrew version. Never hurts to ask. Good Luck.

I agree with ^

From what I've heard, many breweries will at least give you a starting point (types of malt, hops, etc.) I doubt they will give you the exact amounts, but it is definitely a starting point.

Look up they're page on FB. That is how they communicate the most. They're an awesome up and coming small batch brewery. They have a 10% IIPA called "something hoppy this way comes" and it is also very delicious. I bet if you ask them they'll point you in the right direction. Gerrit over there is the man.

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I'm wondering if the op ever emailed Pipeworks and heard a response? I love this beer ad would love to know anything about their recipe.

I am looking for one too..but haven't heard anything back or on the net

It looks like they at least included what hops and malts they use on their website. No percentages or how the hops are used, but at least its something. I'd be curious as to what yeast they use too. One day I'll take a shot at his one, but my brew schedule is full for the time being.

http://pdubs.net/ninjavsunicorn

pipeworks never got back to me :cross: but at least now the malt bill along with the hops are published. I think I could get close to the malt bill, but the extent of the hop additions would be a bit more chalanging. I am thinking they used a FWH addition with the bittering. could also have sworn that there was some nelson in thier, but it might be the zythos I was tasting. still am gonna need help with this one.

Back