stainless steel ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dulavjo

Reaction score
in John palmers book how to brew, on page 294 explains how to build a stainless steel braided ring. he says to use a 24 inchX 1 inch diameter water heater hose. is that the right size? how do you slide the 1 inch 1/2 dia copper tubing over the braided tubing and the 5/8 compression ferrules are they going to fit? is the braided tubing 24" by 1/2 maybe. who has built this. please help

I did something similar. I just used a 1/2 inch "T" fitting, stuck each end of the SS braided water line over opposite ends of the "T" and clamped them on.

in John palmers book how to brew, on page 294 explains how to build a stainless steel braided ring. he says to use a 24 inchX 1 inch diameter water heater hose. is that the right size? how do you slide the 1 inch 1/2 dia copper tubing over the braided tubing and the 5/8 compression ferrules are they going to fit? is the braided tubing 24" by 1/2 maybe. who has built this. please help

I followed Palmer's instructions pretty closely when I built mine. The braid can compress down pretty narrow when you pull on it, once the actual hose is removed, of course. You shouldn't have any trouble getting the 1/2" copper over it.

The tubing will fit without any problems, but look out for plastic braids that look like stainless. Many of the braids that the Home Depot sell aren't made of Stainless steel, it's easy to tell the difference though. Here is a pic of the synthetic vs stainless.
braidweb.JPG

Back