Feedback wanted about mini CO2 system for small keg (2.5 gallon)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
How well do the mini CO2 systems work for serving a keg of carbonated soda?

How many of the 16 gram CO2 cartridges do you need to serve a 2.5 gallon keg?

Thanks, Doug

Are you talking about this? If so, no need for the gauge. this one instead. It'll use 2-3 mini CO2 cartridges for 2.5g. I have it and it works fine. It's already carbed, you just need it to push the beer out.

I'm talking about the 2nd one. Mini CO2 for 16 gm CO2 cartridges that is listed here:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/2-5-gallon-mini-draft-system-new-keg.html

Does anyone know if you have to use the more expensive 16 gm cartridges (the manufacturer says you can only use this type) that are more than $2 a piece or can you use the cheaper ones that are more like $1 a piece.

I'm talking about the 2nd one. Mini CO2 for 16 gm CO2 cartridges that is listed here:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/2-5-gallon-mini-draft-system-new-keg.html

Does anyone know if you have to use the more expensive 16 gm cartridges (the manufacturer says you can only use this type) that are more than $2 a piece or can you use the cheaper ones that are more like $1 a piece.

Not sure, and havent tried it, but dead yeast cells fall to the bottom, and the out tube sits on the bottom, so your first glass or two would be dead yeast cells.

I have a 2.5 gal keg that I use to experiment but I use a carbonation stone instead of using yeast.

Would work just fine for carbonated soda. You can't carb with it though since you can't control the pressure. If you want a mini system to carbonate with you can do Paintball CO2 tanks with a regulator + adapter.

Back