Haier refridgerators to kegerator 4.6 or 3.9 cuft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
ok just ordered my first kegging setup... now the true addiction has started...

looking at mini fridges... found 2 Haier 4.6 and Haier 3.9 cu ft.

Both have small freezer unit, Can't seem to find any without . Looking at 4.6 cu.ft. (it's only $5 more at Sams Club) anyone have cut plans? Anyone use these mini fridges? I'd like to be able to get 2 ball lock kegs and 5lb CO2 inside. Is this possible? I may want to add a tower cooling fan installed. Any suggestions on this? (how is fan powered?)

Thanks in advance... Taking shelves out of main fridge for a keg of beer is going to get old fast!

Sweet! I'd like to have this done by Christmas.

I'll contact ya if I need any help. Instructions looked good though!

I couldn't fit kegs in my Haier 4.6. I ended up carving out some of the foam/plastic from the door to fit a carboy in for a fermentation chamber.

The only way to fit kegs in would be to bend the freezer shelf back and out of the way. Someone might have successfully done this, but it's really tricky and easy to end up leaking out the coolant if you break the lines.

There are better fridges out there for converting to kegerators. I recommend the frigidaire people have posted about.

Back