Hello from Lincoln, NE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckohtz

Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Craig and live in Lincoln, Nebraska. I found this forum because I had some questions, and they were answered within like 10 minutes! Nice!

I just got a brewing kit for Christmas and finally had a chance to start the first batch this weekend. I'm sure I'll have many questions for a while. So far, this seems like the best place to ask those questions. :) Thanks for the responses I've received so far. I should probably get to work now.

Craig

Welcome Craig!! Name's John and I live in kearney. Hope your brew day went well. I brewed a saison this weekend. Welcome to HBT.

Welcome to HBT, Craig! I worked in Lincoln the past two summers. I really miss the beer at Lazlo's...

Thanks! Lazlo's beer is great. What's even better is their brew tour every month where the brew master talks about the brew process. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot more out of those tours now that I am brewing my own beer.

Also, my brother lives in Kearney. They have a really good micro-brewery there too. Thunderhead I think. I love their coffee stout. I think we're going to try a coffee flavored beer next.

What's up, Craig? Another Lincolnite checking in!

Of course, here's my obligatory link-whoring: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/ if you've not had a chance to visit us. Our next meeting is this coming Thurs, Feb 7th, the time + location are in the forum, not on the front page (as I'm still trying to get my logon to work to go edit that!). They're great for show+tell, e.g. trying other Lagers' beers, and discussing techniques. :D

Also, many people rely on the "location" box to see where you're from at a glance, if you want to fill in that info, you can find it under "User CP" on the left side of your screen, then by selecting "Edit Profile"

But in short, welcome to HomeBrewTalk and to the insanity that is brewing! While Nebraska's not as heavily represented as a few other states (*ahemMassachussetsandTexasahem*) but our numbers have been improving lately, and we're ready to help with anything ya need :D

chriso said:
What's up, Craig? Another Lincolnite checking in!

Of course, here's my obligatory link-whoring: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/ if you've not had a chance to visit us. Our next meeting is this coming Thurs, Feb 7th, the time + location are in the forum, not on the front page (as I'm still trying to get my logon to work to go edit that!). They're great for show+tell, e.g. trying other Lagers' beers, and discussing techniques. :D

thank you i forgot the url and wanted to join the lagers.

Back