BrewFerm kits for Belgian beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike004

Reaction score
Newbie on brew #7.
I want to try a strong belgian beer next.
Anyone tried the Brewferm kits -- they are a Belgian company who sell in the UK.

I was thinking of using a BrewFerm kit as base, adding some steeped grains to liven it up...

PS: The Brewferm web site also includes several interesting dry grain kits, but I haven't seen these on sale in the UK.

Mike

Yes I have used the following:
Christmas (Dark ale),
Diabalo (Duvel clone),
Abdij (Trappist style),
Tarwe (Wheat beer).
They are really really good as kits go. The "downside" is they only make 7/9/9/15litres respectively, rather than 23 litres for usual kits. Some of them take no extra sugar/DME for brewing, only bottling.
Would definitely use them again. Need a decent maturing period though - I made some of these back in August and are only being drunk now. I hope to leave a load of them in storage till next christmas, when I get back from my World Wide Beer Tour.
Go for it. They're super.

Thanks, I'll try one out. I was hoping they did a Scotch Ale, but apparently not. Maybe I'll look for the Dubbel.

Where are you going on your world beer tour?

Mike

Monday week I fly to Thailand, and spend 3.5 months in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Possibly Malasia for a bit too.
Then fly to Hong Kong and spend 2 months in mainland China. Then 3-4 weeks in Cairns/Brisbane, 2-3 weeks in Sydney, 2 weeks in Fiji and then 3ish months in New Zealand, hopefully working.

Back