Unicorn Blood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have to stop by the store before they close tonight and get the ingredients for this. Sounds outstanding. I was thinking I can use my MT with the false bottom to pasteurize. It can hold more bottles that anything else I have. Either that for Camden or kmeta to stabilize and carb in the keg. :mug:

I may have to stop by the store before they close tonight and get the ingredients for this. Sounds outstanding. I was thinking I can use my MT with the false bottom to pasteurize. It can hold more bottles that anything else I have. Either that for Camden or kmeta to stabilize and carb in the keg. :mug:

Do you plan on backsweetening? If not there’s no reason to bottle pasteurize. You can either bottle it still, add priming sugar or force carb in the keg like you would for beer, once fermentation is done.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm guessing this one will get super dry, I would like to back sweeten it a little with FCA. Thanks for the reply.

Do you keg and have space to keep it in the fridge? You can backsweeten while you are carbonating and leave it in the fridge until the keg kicks without chemical or heat pasteurization as well.

Do you keg and have space to keep it in the fridge? You can backsweeten while you are carbonating and leave it in the fridge until the keg kicks without chemical or heat pasteurization as well.
Yes I keg, but don't have the ability to keep it cold until it kicks, my ferm fridge kicked recently and need to get a new one. Thanks for the reply. :mug:

Back