Need your electronic vote...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GVH_Dan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

For those that don't know, I am part of Gorst Valley Hops. I'm the process engineer designing the harvesting, drying and processing equipment....hence why you always see me chiming in on how to dry and store your hops. Many of you have supported us either through talking us up to brewers or by actually purchasing our midwestern grown and pelletized hops at some LHBS. For that, we are eternally grateful.

But I'm asking for your help once more. Chase bank is giving out $250,000 grants to help out small businesses...and boy could we use that to expand our acreage so can get closer to meeting the overwhelming demand we are experiencing.

To get qualified, we need 250 votes at their website. So if you are willing, please go to https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/, Search for "Gorst Valley Hops" in Wisconsin and give us a vote. It would be really appreciated.

Thanks BWWO. We are about 1/2 way there on the votes. Not as many friends with facebook as I thought.

Of course, once we get enough votes, then we are just accepted into the competition for the grant...not a guarantee of getting the money. But part of the judging process is to show how your business is "unique". I think we have a definite advantage there over all the coffee shops and dress shops that seem to be applying.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

We still need 73 votes and only have 6 days left. If you have a facebook account, please vote. If your SWIMBO, kids, parents, neighbor...whoever, please encourage them to vote. We could really use the cash to push our venture along.

Please go to https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/, Search for "Gorst Valley Hops" in Wisconsin and give us a vote. Thanks to all.

bottlebomber said:
+1. Kinda lame though that Chase is making you jump through hoops to get a loan.

This is for a small business grant, not a loan.

This is for a small business grant, not a loan.

Exactly..."free" money. The problem is every little coffee shop can set up a sign on their front counter and have 250 votes in a single morning. We don't have a counter top or anything similar. Once we get to 250, there is still a competition for the money among all those that got in but I'm sure we will do well on the "originality" of our submission.

So vote if you like beer more than coffee.

Thanks everyone.

(P.S. Trying to get a loan is even harder. When we walk into a bank that traditionally deals with corn/soy bean farmers and say, "We want a loan to grow hops" first they say, "what?" and then the laughing can be heard a mile away.)

Back