The Bottoms Up cup - pushing draft beer to new heights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
http://bottomsupbeer.com/

My dad brought one of these cups home from a baseball game for me to check out.

It is basically a plastic cup with a hole in the bottom. Around that hole, on the inside is a circular magnet. Then a magnetic disc covers the hole from the inside to keep the beer contained. The cup fills from the bottom up very quickly...delivering your favorite Blandweiser in record time. ;)

Check out the video in the link. He fills 44 beers in one minute. I think it's a pretty crafty gimmick to speed up the lines at large events.

Wow....if they can keep the cost of the cups down, it'll revolutionize the beer business at ballparks, concerts, etc.....

I just filled my empty cup with water (no longer empty :D) to see how well it seals on the bottom.

It has a very minor seep...the bottom stays a wee bit wet. It's not like you're walking around with constant dripping or anything. But this certainly wouldn't be ideal in a typical bar setting.

However, if someone gets curious and pokes the magnet with their finger they will have a mighty wet lap.

Reviving an old thread, I saw one of these in action last week at The Who concert in Columbus Ohio. Pretty cool.

Thise guys were a couple years ahead of me im high school, it was imvented at a local resturant here mostly on a dare from his dad I believe their buisness is growing especially ever since the BMCs started picking up their product there was even intrest from Jack Daniels. Follow their page on Facebook they sometimes do giveaways.

Back