running gas line for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poster72

Reaction score
Hey all, doing some research all over but thought id ask here for some input. A plumber is going to drop a natural gas line for brewing purposes in my garage, and wanted to ask for advice before we get started. disconnects/valves/pipe size/etc....

main gas line (1.5'' maybe?) runs right across the garage ceiling, so its a matter of a T and the line down the wall. Planning on using a flexible gas line to hookup to this on brewdays.

thanks in advance for any advice. natural gas burner recommendations?

I used a Dormont CF-50 valve/disconnect to attach my line and to terminate he gas on the wall. It acts as both a quick disconnect and a valve in one. You cant remove the line without turning off the gas, so you will never have to worry about that mistake. Works great...got mine for around $50.

For a burner Im using a wok burner that is all over the site here (I bought the 23 tip and took 13 out). Its super cheap and works fantasticly!

Back