Bottled the Brunello!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCAD

Reaction score
Got 30 bottles plus 2 glasses.

Added 3 crushed campden tabs and poured into the Brunello an hour before bottling. Put 30 One-Step cleaned bottles into the new dishwasher and used the "Sanitize" setting. The bottles were way too hot to touch after that! I let them cool off and sterlilzed with sulfite solution right before filling. The wife did the filling and I sterilized the next 5 bottles and the next 5 corks. It took about an hour to finish, including washing the filled bottles afterwards to get all of the stickey stuff off. They are sitting in the bathtub for a day or two so there isn't any cork-popping worries, but the wine was dead flat, so I'm not worried.

The bottom half-inch was racked into a half-gallon bottle and I let it settle until this afternoon, when I poured 2 glasses out of it. It is young, still has a bit of a bite, but really good. Heavy red wine with strong oak and berry flavor. Not quite a Brunello, but close to a Rosso. I'll give it 6 months for the first bottle to be opened and make another taste test. 18 months will make this close to a $50 bottle, I'm guessing...its that good.

Now, where is that time machine...

Back