Favorite AHS Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
I've only tried a few, but so far I LOVE their American Pale Ale and American Pale Ale 2 (no longer available).

Their Old Ale and Arrogant Bastard kits also deserve an honorable mention.

By virtue of only recently starting to brew, the price at which they sell their Amber Ale, and for lack of experience, I will have to say their Amber Ale.

:tank:

Richard said:
I've only tried a few, but so far I LOVE their American Pale Ale and American Pale Ale 2 (no longer available).

I live in Austin, and when I go to AHS, I can sometimes get kits that they don't post on their website anymore. If you call and ask nicely they may look up the older recipes on the database and assemble it for you, I just recently got their Ed's Best Bitter Clone that isn't listed.

if you check out their website, they have a page that ranks their recipe kits by the most popular and there are even reviews of almost all of them. personally, i'm a big fan of their bavarian hefe, fermented around 66 degrees so it has a nice clove bite. also, their stone ipa clone is pretty much spot on, a damn fine ipa

Has been the best so far! Just bottled the second batch of it. On the flip side Gold Seal California Common was horible due to crappy yeast. Took 2 days to take off and by then, I got a wild yeast infection. I was not too pissed, paying only $26 for it, but I would go for better yeast next time. Not crying, since every kit has been top notch from these guys!

atxstanley said:
I live in Austin, and when I go to AHS, I can sometimes get kits that they don't post on their website anymore. If you call and ask nicely they may look up the older recipes on the database and assemble it for you, I just recently got their Ed's Best Bitter Clone that isn't listed.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give that a try.

Nice to see some recommendations...and I just started to plow through some of the reviews on their site too...
Yesterday I purchased the following which will be my first at home n00b beer brewing experience:

AHS Lemongrass Wheat Ale

This is a refreshingly light and slightly fruity wheat beer. It finishes with lemon and spice notes from the addition of lemongrass. This is perfect for these hard Central Texas winters. Or in spring and summer. It features aromatic and Carapils grains, and lemongrass. O.G. = 1.055. Approximately 5.5% ABV.

:mug:

Back