Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neighborhood is not the best, but I've never heard of any incidents involving the store or customers.
If they're still on tap, I recommend the Whiteout IPA or the Fragmented Porter.

Thanks....neighborhoods don't bother me usually, plus sis and BIL live down that way and will keep me out of the areas where I might likely have an issue, being a non-resident, therefore non carry. :D
I'm sure I'll try quite a few there, and Cigar City, and........:tank:

Sorry all :off:....back to the regularly scheduled lately unfunny funny.....

WatchfulAlarmedHorseshoecrab.gif

The first time it played for me it was in super slow motion and looked super epic for me too (now it's at normal speed). Is that an ATM? The dude was opening a beer at the ATM? That's dedication right there.

The first time it played for me it was in super slow motion and looked super epic for me too (now it's at normal speed). Is that an ATM? The dude was opening a beer at the ATM? That's dedication right there.

My office computer loaded it so slow it brought me back to the days of dial up and prodigy!

Sorry to hear about dial up. It's 20+ years old. My phone has quicker service for almost everything, yet can't load half the jpegs. +1 service for in the middle of nowhere Canada... :confused:

I used to have dialup that was so slow, I could tie a message to a snail's ass and it would get to where it needed to be before any email would. As soon as my phone company offered DSL, I signed up and joined the 21st Century internet fast lane. :D

I used to have dialup that was so slow, I could tie a message to a snail's ass and it would get to where it needed to be before any email would. As soon as my phone company offered DSL, I signed up and joined the 21st Century internet fast lane. :D

I wouldn't call DSL the fast lane, but at least you went from the one lane gravel country road to the paved highway. :)

I wouldn't call DSL the fast lane, but at least you went from the one lane gravel country road to the paved highway. :)

Well, when you've been cursed with 28K top speed for dial-up for several years on what was supposed to be a 56K connection, DSL seems like Warp drive. :D

Sorry to hear about dial up. It's 20+ years old. My phone has quicker service for almost everything, yet can't load half the jpegs. +1 service for in the middle of nowhere Canada... :confused:

Those in afgani caves get better internet than i do, it would appear.

Well, when you've been cursed with 28K top speed for dial-up for several years on what was supposed to be a 56K connection, DSL seems like Warp drive. :D

I get downloads as high as 13 kb/s. My recent trip to ottawa made it seem like my friends internet was sorcery, since all of my tablet and laptop updates (over 3 gigs worth) had completed in less time than it took me to pour a coffee.

Oh, wow! It's HILARIOUS that a greedy macro-brew corporation SHUT DOWN a production line to provide FREE, SAFE DRINKING WATER to thousands of people in need, just like they've done for every major disaster for the last how many decades. What jerks.

Beer snobs suck.

No, it's funny because AB-Inbev products (ex Bud Light) are often jokingly compared to water because of their light flavor.

It's a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Edit: Dammit GrogNerd! :p

No, it's funny because AB-Inbev products (ex Bud Light) are often jokingly compared to water because of their light flavor.

It's a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Edit: Dammit GrogNerd! :p
Anyone that's spent more than 5 minutes on HBT knows that's the running "joke" around here. Doesn't make it any funnier the 43,978th time.

And frankly...show me a precious craft brewery voluntarily shutting down production to help out.

I stand by my previous comment. Beer snobs suck.

In case anybody is confused, that's really a product in Texas right now. I'm working on getting some "water" shipped to me. If you want a can, PM me and I'll let you know if/when I get it. I ship you two cans, one to try, one to keep.

Anyone that's spent more than 5 minutes on HBT knows that's the running "joke" around here. Doesn't make it any funnier the 43,978th time.

And frankly...show me a precious craft brewery voluntarily shutting down production to help out.

I stand by my previous comment. Beer snobs suck.

It's nice for those in need that they do this, but I notice they still put their logo prominently on the can. If it were truly a selfless act, the cans might just say "water". You're right, craft breweries can't usually afford to do this kind of thing, so it's good that they decided to do it, but I'll bet if it wasn't also a good publicity stunt, they might not have been so quick to act.

Perhaps there are craft breweries that do this as well, but have the class to do so anonymously.

Damn, the mood around here sucks. Why so serious? Someone post something funny.

OK, I'll get us started. I'm guilty of having done this. The wife gave me a crazy look when she found them.

funny-pictures-beer-quotes.jpg

So I guess the funny thing I heard was, "Why is there a 6 pack in the vegetable drawer?" Why not? Indeed, why not?

43,783rd time by my count. It was funny the first time I heard it. You know, after Hurricane Andrew.

My browser says page 500,so it's however one has the pages parsed. But your ratio is spot-on.

Heard this from a guy at the local bottle shop and tap room: he used to homebrew, mostly stouts, but gave it up because they didn't have much body. Then he started drinking commercial stouts, and found that it was really just that he didn't like stouts.

Maybe he'd like Bud Water?

Back