Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Thirsty Dog Breweries tap room I went to the mens room and they have an exit sign from LaTrobe P.A. with the Pabst logo on it with the arrow pointing at the urinal..I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself before I could get my fly down..

239889d1417749394-funny-things-youve-overheard-about-beer-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417749398.463358.jpg

The water tap at Greenman Brewing in Asheville

Yaknow. That picture, even if it were serving actual beer, is the perfect definition of the BMC beers. Stickers, beads, plastic cups, and all that gimmicky stuff.

I see foodbabe finally took down her long post about why she doesn't use a microwave. The short version is: microwaving water makes it form crystals that are the same shape as the crystals that form when you think negative thoughts around water, or when you say "Hitler" or "Satan" near water.

Looks like Palmer's book doesn't need revision after all. That's a relief.

Yaknow. That picture, even if it were serving actual beer, is the perfect definition of the BMC beers. Stickers, beads, plastic cups, and all that gimmicky stuff.

Where are the cups that flash a light with the music or the cup that friends the people you cheers with?

Guy at work tried to explain to me yesterday that Guinness is a craft beer. No offense to anyone but somehow it doesn't fit into that category in my head... ? I've stopped arguing and started nodding with a patronizing smile. A non beer friend also told me that Michelob was the best beer ever created and anything darker was nasty. Again... smile and nod.

I see foodbabe finally took down her long post about why she doesn't use a microwave. The short version is: microwaving water makes it form crystals that are the same shape as the crystals that form when you think negative thoughts around water, or when you say "Hitler" or "Satan" near water.

Looks like Palmer's book doesn't need revision after all. That's a relief.

I thought you were joking. Then I found a cached version of the article...hooooooly crap.

I love how she ran some stupid petition to get Anheuser-Busch to disclose its ingredients. A-B responded (laughing all the way, I'm sure) by telling her that their beer contains water, barley, rice, hops and yeast.

This dip&*^t and her minions proceeded to celebrate like they had just won the Super Bowl. :smack:

I love how she ran some stupid petition to get Anheuser-Busch to disclose its ingredients. A-B responded (laughing all the way, I'm sure) by telling her that their beer contains water, barley, rice, hops and yeast.

This dip&*^t and her minions proceeded to celebrate like they had just won the Super Bowl. :smack:

That was a good one.

It's even funnier that "hops, rice, and barley" are already listed on the can, and while "water" and "yeast" were omitted, it was pretty safe to assume those were in there already.

Budweiser-12-oz-Can1.jpg

A-B took it one step further and invited her to the St. Louis brewery for a tour. Supposedly she went and never wrote a follow up post like she claimed she would. Too bad she didn't "trip" and fall into a fermenter during filling... :p

Lol i remember that idiot. rustled my jimmies a bit.

Man, how can someone be into FLAVOR so much that they make a mean bbq, but drink american lager and believe there is a taste difference based on can size?!? Give that man a homebrew!

Haha I did, had a porter on me. He said "it tastes like one of those boutique beers". With the way he said it, I don't think he meant that as a compliment.....

if you say "Hitler" or "Satan" near beer it becomes Near Beer. oddly when you say "Beelzebub" around beer, it gets stronger as though you aged it. also, if you say, "The Devils' own Blaecorn craps Skittles!" around beer it become a fruit Lambic.

and if you whisper 'cold as the rockies' next to a glass of water, it will turn into Coors light (not that you would be able to tell the difference)

Quote from foodbabe....
"When’s the last time you used a microwave?*At my house, I still have a microwave, but I never turn it on. I use it for the timer feature and that’s about it. If you have any suggestions on how I could use this space above my oven in an aesthetically pleasing way, I’m open to suggestions!"

Foodbabe? What a nut job. Now I know why I have never heard of it. I have a suggestion for the space above your stove.... 1. Remove microwave. 2. Get a rope and hang it above your stove. 3. Remove yourself from this earth so your absolute idiocy is not spread to the not so smart people.
This person is so out of whack that she doesn't even have historical facts correct. It wasn't until after the war that it was discovered (by accident) that food could be heated by radar waves and it certainly wasn't the Germans. :smack:

they kicked me out of the ethanol plant here for trying to steal their truck and yelling, "I got your sweet sweet ethanol!". or maybe that was just a dream? either way, I know it wasn't an anhydrous ammonia truck.

Where did you want the ammonia again?

Here Satan, Hitler, Mao and Pete
Curse that Ammonia,
Make it IPA Stout so Sweet

I nearly lol'ed when said it, but the local craft beer store sales guy recommended cellaring one of the iipa's I had cradled.

I nearly lol'ed when said it, but the local craft beer store sales guy recommended cellaring one of the iipa's I had cradled.

Why not? Had a bomber of the first ever batch of 120min a few weeks ago and it was ****ign amazing. No longer an IIPA, much more of a Barleywine, but amazing none the less. Many IIPAs evolve well over time.

Why not? Had a bomber of the first ever batch of 120min a few weeks ago and it was ****ign amazing. No longer an IIPA, much more of a Barleywine, but amazing none the less. Many IIPAs evolve well over time.

Most imperial ipa are brewed to be consumed fresh. Many don't have the right hop to malt balance to age well.

DFH 120 is an exception to that rule

I think that someone needs to buy Food Babe some "adult Entertainment Devise" if you get my meaning! AKA vibrator :ban:

I had another "Do you make it in the bathtub?" comment today... That **** is getting old fast, especially because it's always accompanied by a jaunty smile because they think they're being original or clever.

I wanna floccing punch people when they say that.

I had another "Do you make it in the bathtub?" comment today... That **** is getting old fast, especially because it's always accompanied by a jaunty smile because they think they're being original or clever.

I wanna floccing punch people when they say that.

That's when you say "Well yeah. I ain't going to need another bath for at least a month any how."

Back