WTF is this? Asian carp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
I found this creature on my cascade this AM. I don't think it was having breakfast, but how did this thing fly all the way here from Thailand?

image-2792403053.jpg

image-2800766127.jpg

it flapped its wings really hard creating uplift... it continued this motion for along time before landing safely on your Cascade plant. :)

Asian carp? Is this what you have eating your hops?
asian%20carp1.jpg

It's not going to be eating your hops, but watch out it will eat the shingles off your roof in one day.:drunk:

Just kidding. But, I would watch it, insects do eat plants!

kh54s10 said:
Asian carp? Is this what you have eating your hops?

It's not going to be eating your hops, but watch out it will eat the shingles off your roof in one day.:drunk:

Just kidding. But, I would watch it, insects do eat plants!

Damn! That fishes head is on upside down. Did you catch that by the power plant?

We have em in Kentucky lake/Lake barkley now. They jump right out the water. I know a guy who got a big welt on the side of his face. I'm gona try to bow shoot em soon.
Keep an eye on the bug. To see if he makes a meal out of your cascade.

We've shot a ton of them below the Barkley dam. I had one come out of the water and hit me in the shine last summer. Almost took me off my feet.

Wow! Those fish are insane. I hope they taste good as they sure are easy to catch!
Are these the ones that are messing up ecosystems by eating everything and killing off all the other fish?

The DNR told me they are plankton eaters and they compete with fish like spoonbill. Here in Kentucky we just got the population up good and now the carp are eating all their food. We asked the game warden if we could shoot them like clay pigeons and he said as long as we used steel shot he didn't care. Game on.

The DNR told me they are plankton eaters and they compete with fish like spoonbill. Here in Kentucky we just got the population up good and now the carp are eating all their food. We asked the game warden if we could shoot them like clay pigeons and he said as long as we used steel shot he didn't care. Game on.

I want to see that video.

Silver I think.

Ok but the one in the pic at the begining of the thread kinda looks like a bighead. Get it? You say silver, i say bighead. You may be right but both fish were released, both fish jump, and none of us brew enough beer to drink to make them look pretty :D

who cares really.

I'm waiting for this shotgun video now. I give up on the hey these.two species have recieved the same common name cause they both jump and are as ugly as my brother's mom.......wait a minute :drunk:

Use a bigger round those gill plates are tough

Stupid fish! I set up an ele tric fence around my hops to keep
Them away. Fu@kers just jump over it!! The upsides own head ones.

Back