Anybody remember the "A Team"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Four Vietnam vets accused of a crime they didn't commit and are wanted by the military. They become the "A Team" and right the wrongs done to innocent people who the police won't help.

Hannibal, the patriotic cigar smoking leader of the A Team.

BA, the mechanic/techno guy with a neck of gold chains, intimidating persona and smile that could light up the world.

Face, the smooth talking gatherer wonder boy.

Murdock, a nutty but genius man and fantastic pilot of airplanes and helicopters who resides in a VA psyche ward and has to be broken out for each mission.

I watched the shows back in the 80's and recently found the series on Netflicks.

In each and every show about a buzillion bullets were fired, a few cars turn over (mainly jeeps) and a lot of fist fighting. You would think somebody would get killed throughout all that. No one ever dies unless it is the precursor to the show.

I think I have a couple more shows to get through and then they will be re-reruns. Great show, simpler time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one recently (it is DTV quite often) where Murdoch took a bullet meant for Hannibal. I didn't remember anyone actually getting shot.

Another one where Face speculated that the enemy was either the Libyans, Iranians, or North Koreans. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

And you knew if the didnt start building stuff with 10 minutes left in the show, it was going to be a "to be continued..."

Loved it. I also like the movie that came out although I wish Hannibal had been tongue in cheek like the series. Also, Murdoch was bat s*** crazy in the movie. It was a little much.

I remember the classy van they used to drive around in. I had a hotwheels van when I was a kid that looked just like it. Even had hard plastic curtains on the inside.

IMAG0278.jpg

Oh yeah, I loved that show. The explosions always sent guys flying over cars, but then they got up and ran away every time.

And they could build build a howitzer from pvc pype , a paper clip, and a charcoal grill.

A-Team and MacGuyver were my favorite shows when I was a kid in the 80's.

Oh, and Airwolf too!

A-Team? Mcgyver? Night Rider? Ugh REEAAALLLY bad TV from the 80's..........But I undersdtand. You guys were kids when it was on. it is nostalgic more than anything.

Man I so miss the shows from growing up (MASH, Air Wolf, A Team, MacGyver, Greatest American Hero, etc). There are decent enough shows now but none of them compare to the campy, warm fuzzy, nostalgia I get from those old shows.

A-Team? Mcgyver? Night Rider? Ugh REEAAALLLY bad TV from the 80's..........But I undersdtand. You guys were kids when it was on. it is nostalgic more than anything.

What did you watch when you were a kid? Oh sorry, they hadn't invented TV yet. Did you huddle around the 'ole AM radio and listen to stories?;)

What did you watch when you were a kid? Oh sorry, they hadn't invented TV yet. Did you huddle around the 'ole AM radio and listen to stories?;)

What I watched was admittedly not any better, not by a long shot. Charlie's Angels, Baretta, Starsky and Hutch, Welcome Back Kotter, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. All REAAALLLY bad TV.

What I watched was admittedly not any better, not by a long shot. Charlie's Angels, Baretta, Starsky and Hutch, Welcome Back Kotter, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. All REAAALLLY bad TV.

Somebody said it before. Nostalgia. I spent to many hours watching those shows as a kid and loved every minute of it.. Charlie's Angels - Farrah Fawcet! Many 1980's teenage boy's dream girl.

I just watched that show on Centric last night. Murdock was smuggled into Mexico and broke up a cocaine smuggling ring.

Somebody said it before. Nostalgia. I spent to many hours watching those shows as a kid and loved every minute of it.. Charlie's Angels - Farrah Fawcet! Many 1980's teenage boy's dream girl.

You two have certainly sent the younger crowds to Google in a mad rush to figure out what you're talking about. BTW, if we're talking about shows back in the day how can you not mention Three's Company, Emergency, Barney Miller, Fantasy Island, I Dream of Jeannie and Saturday Night Live. Yes young folk, SNL has been been around that long.

And you can't forget ALF. At no other point in time could a show centered around a badly made puppet who was sarcastic and ate cats be successful. Sigh. The bad old days....they were so GOOD!

OH geewiz.......Leave it to Beaver,Lassie, Rin tin tin, The Lone ranger, Sky King, F Troop, The Ed Sullivan Show, and Saturday morning cartoons. I must be getting old. Cheers:(

You two have certainly sent the younger crowds to Google in a mad rush to figure out what you're talking about. BTW, if we're talking about shows back in the day how can you not mention Three's Company, Emergency, Barney Miller, Fantasy Island, I Dream of Jeannie and Saturday Night Live. Yes young folk, SNL has been been around that long.

Oh, I got sick of typing or I could have gone on forever. What about Star Trek (the original and really the only one worth watching), Mod squad, All in the Family, Jeffersons, Laugh-In, Flying Nun, Monkees, ...............

I bet you watched the Cisco Kid though. And Andy Griffith.

I remember the first TV we got in the 70's was black and white with rabbit ears. There were three channels ABC, NBC, CBS and sometimes if the weather was right we'd pick up the PBS channel.

The first VCR we got was in the early 80's loaded from the top, had three speeds to record on: 2 hour good color quality, 4 hr crappy color quality would fade in and out of color and black and white and then the 6 hour option purely black and white. I think the thing cost like a 1,000 dollars and my parents had to join a video club with pretty substantial deposit. (spending that much on any thing was way out of character for my mom and dad)

In 1979 moved to a new home in the country and had one phone in the house that was connected to what was called a party line with a neighbor, was not uncommon to pick up the phone and the neighbor was using it. You just had to wait until they were finished. A few years later we finally got a dedicated line! Now everybody pretty much has there own cell phone. Geez! How did we survive!? :D

In college, my roommate and I had a lunch break at the same time, which just happened to be when A-Team reruns were on, so sandwiches and A-Team was a daily ritual.

Everyone had guns but nobody could hit anything, people always walked away from horrific flip/rollover crashes, and the solution to every problem was to soup up a bulldozer/semi/pickup and crash your way through the bad guys.

I watched a show the other day where a helicopter flew dead into the face of a cliff, blew up a little and then the three (bad guys) crawled out of it without a scratch! :rockin:

"Smiles everyone smiles." Dark Shadows, Chiller Diller Matinee, Creature Features, good times! :rockin:

In college, my roommate and I had a lunch break at the same time, which just happened to be when A-Team reruns were on, so sandwiches and A-Team was a daily ritual.

Everyone had guns but nobody could hit anything, people always walked away from horrific flip/rollover crashes, and the solution to every problem was to soup up a bulldozer/semi/pickup and crash your way through the bad guys.

LOL! Yeah, and they always squealed their tires in a car chase, even if they were driving a Mustang II on a gravel road.....

My mom and I were just talking about the Monkees the other day. Those guys were nuts.

Hey hey we're the Monkeys people say we monkey around... I seem to remember watching them on Saturday mornings along with cartoons. That was probably more in the 70's Johnny Quest was the coolest cartoon around. I wonder if "Haji" would be PC incorrect today.

Back