Another Finished 4912 kegerator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickwc5

Reaction score
keg2.jpg

keg1.jpg

Two Cornies and a 5lb Co2!!!:ban:
Now just waitin for some carbonation!:mug:

Hey... if you need any help christening the taps on that deal, let us know. We're not far from LZ :D

Congrats!

Looks great. How bout a rundown of what you purchased and where, along with the cost of the items??. Im planning on doing one next weekend if I can get all the parts assembled in time.

ScoutMan said:
Looks great. How bout a rundown of what you purchased and where, along with the cost of the items??. Im planning on doing one next weekend if I can get all the parts assembled in time.

I second the request. Also anyone partial to the tower or straight through the door of a larger model? Dumb question but where a unit through the door is easily accessable (had one in college), is it painful at all to access, clean, replace hoses running up through a tower?

I got the fridge from bestbuy around christmas time for the same sale price they have now. I got my tank, regulator, and draft tower from beveragefactory.com. They seem to have random sales unannounced. I got the stainless dual tower for 105 and the tank for 50 from them. This was one on the easiest things I have ever built! Just make sure that you measure twice and cut once:mug: I used a 2 inch hole saw dead center. I didn't use that corn starch trick I just measured 7 inches from the back then added about two more inches. i do not have my co2 tank inside the fridge because I have this monster dual gauge regulator. i am going to get a piece of wood to add to the back so I can put the tank in the back so the regulator wont hit the door.

nickwc5 said:
...I do not have my co2 tank inside the fridge because I have this monster dual gauge regulator. i am going to get a piece of wood to add to the back so I can put the tank in the back so the regulator wont hit the door.

I just got home from BB and picked up my own 4912M. Now all I need is a tower, hoses and clamps...oh, yeah, tanks and regulator...well, I'm a few steps closer any way...;)

I was looking at the freon element that makes up the whole back. I think you would be better off making two upside down "J's" and just hang the regulator over the top, like hanging a coat hanger.

That kegerator is a beautiful piece of art. Looking forward to building one, hopefully by the end of this year.

you guys have any problems with the first pour of the day foaming up?

and are those pin or ball locks?

looks great, nice job

homebrewer_99 said:
I just got home from BB and picked up my own 4912M. Now all I need is a tower, hoses and clamps...oh, yeah, tanks and regulator...well, I'm a few steps closer any way...;)

I was looking at the freon element that makes up the whole back. I think you would be better off making two upside down "J's" and just hang the regulator over the top, like hanging a coat hanger.

You can see how I mounted my regulator here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19596

OK, I see what you did...you used the holes that were already there.

Were the existing screws long enough?

Is the therm addition necessary? Good idea about using one of the vials and the gel.

I removed the top last night and cut out the fins. I went to the larger square also for more stability after I find/cut a board to fit.

I still have to read the instructions for drilling the hole later as I don't have a tower yet. I go on travel this weekend so I'll have 2 weeks to get one I guess.

homebrewer_99 said:
OK, I see what you did...you used the holes that were already there.

Were the existing screws long enough?

Is the therm addition necessary? Good idea about using one of the vials and the gel.

Yeah, the screws were definitely long enough. The vial with gel maybe isn't necessary but since I went ahead and added a Ranco to best control the temperature, I went ahead and used the vial of gel to take the ambient temperature.

Back