MGD 64 Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl04002

Reaction score
Alright guys, now that I got a chest freezer I can make some real beer, and I just perfected my MGD 64 clone.

Recipe

2.2 lbs 2-row
1 lb flaked corn
.2 oz Saaz (.3 for a very hoppy taste) @ 60 min

Mash at 147 F for 120 minutes.
OG- 1.018
FG- 1.002
Ferment at 1 week @ 45 F
Lager for 2 months 35 F

Bottle in clear bottles and allow to age in a sunny room.
Use miller vortex bottles for optimum head.
Serve at 32 degrees.

I think you nailed it! PM me when it's ready. I can't wait to try it!!! :D

Is that a clone as to taste or caloric content?? I would love a mild calorie session beer that didn't give me headaches as MGD always does...

That's very different from my version: make BMs cream of three crops.. Dilute 10:1 with water. Serve.

Maybe we ahold have a taste-off?

Alright guys, now that I got a chest freezer I can make some real beer, and I just perfected my MGD 64 clone.

Recipe

2.2 lbs 2-row
1 lb flaked corn
.2 oz Saaz (.3 for a very hoppy taste) @ 60 min

Mash at 147 F for 120 minutes.
OG- 1.018
FG- 1.002
Ferment at 1 week @ 45 F
Lager for 2 months 35 F

Bottle in clear bottles and allow to age in a sunny room.
Use miller vortex bottles for optimum head.
Serve at 32 degrees.

What yeast was used?

You're gonna need to throw some beano in there to get the calorie level down. Any of the "low cal" beers are basically watered down malt liquor. Simple grain bill and enzymes to get REALLY full conversion, and an incredibly dry final product.

If you don't have time to age it in a sunny room you could always just steep a skunk (for about 30 minutes) in the bottling bucket just before bottling. Should give it a nice bouquet!

Back