Bottled my Second Batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
Well, I bottled my second batch Thursday. It is a Fat Tire Clone. I sacrificed one after a few days just to "check". UMMMMM GOOOD! Not exactly like Fat Tire I guess but really good.

My first batch (Nut Brown) has been bottled for three weeks and has kind of a banana aroma still ( I fermented the first two days too warm I think.) Also, it has almost too strong a "Nut" flavor . Hoping that aging wi;ll improve the flavor. Oh well, if it doesnt I will have to drink it later in the evenings when I am not so particular.

Next up is an Alaskan Amber Clone for my wife. Trying to decide between a kit from AHS and maybe just getting a recipe.....

I like this hobby!

Feels great doesnt it? I love bottling them up, sitting them in my closet to condition and then just staring at my sea of bottle caps, each representing a brew crafted with my own hands.

Make sure to share it with plenty of people, if its a good beer, sharing is one of the most gratifying parts of this hobby.

what temp did you ferment your brew at? the higher you go above 68F the more off flavors you are bound to get. your first brew should be just fine just add time.

Around 72-4 for the first day or so until I got my fermenting chamber built. Yeh, I figured that was the reason for the banana smell. The taste is just I don't know...stange. It will get better I am sure.

Back