I need a LHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srm277

Reaction score
Alright, so far i have only found one LHBS in my area and im looking for more. Its not that im not happy with the place, but its a bit of a drive to get to and it might be alittle more expensive. I live in Wyckoff New Jersey. Unforunitaly idk anybody else here that makes beer, so ive learned stuff from the LHBS and from online here.
So if anybody know of a place near me i would be able to go to that would be much appeciated.
Also if i bought hops online in bulk, thinks its cheaper, how long would i be able to freeze them b4 they go bad?

Thanks

The closest one is Corrados in Clifton. When I was down in Rockland NY I went there sometimes, but only if I needed stuff that day. Their prices are kinda high... Bulk hops should store for quite a while, but it may be worth getting a small vacuum sealer. Definitely cheaper to buy in bulk.

I've been told tale of other places then Corrados, but just of tale and no more. I don't really wanna order online unless i have to, and mayb for the hops it would b worth it, but for the other stuff i would like to look at it in hand till i actually know more about everything.
Thats why i am in search of these LHBS that might be around here. You would think there would be more, just to sell the ingredients, if not only the pure basics for it.

I think there's a place in Eastchester under the True Value, but that's further away. Also there's a BOP/HBS in Freehold that is much nicer than Corrados and has much better prices. But that's over an hour away...

I'm not in the area, but I can say that it may be worth it to do an extra drive once a month or so. Most supplies should keep at your house for at least a couple months as long as you store them well.

I think I got lucky because the first LHBS I came across has been the best one I've seen in my area yet. After seeing what the other stores have for selection (bleh) and prices (ugh), I'd gladly drive a couple hours each way to get stuff from the good shop in my area.

Latest posts

Back