I was interested in brewing a cheap punch base for margaritas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewZZZ

Reaction score
Hi, I was interested in brewing a cheap punch base for margaritas act. Is white cane sugar “C&H” fermentable? If so, are there any particular necessary ingredients like cretin yeast and other ingredients to be combined with the sugar. I’d like to keep if cost effective. Also, how long would if take to ferment and be ready to drink? What would be the alcohol percentage?

Hi, I was interested in brewing a cheap punch base for margaritas act. Is white cane sugar “C&H” fermentable? If so, are there any particular necessary ingredients like cretin yeast and other ingredients to be combined with the sugar. I’d like to keep if cost effective. Also, how long would if take to ferment and be ready to drink? What would be the alcohol percentage?

I asked a similar question awhile back about rum, and learned that its something you have to distill, which is really not discussed here.

that said, what you do privately in your home is up to you. I dont see how it'd hurt anything to attempt to create a tequila by fermentation, since thats what we do here is ferment a great deal of beers and such.

I say try and see if its fermentable, maybe you'll stumble onto a really cool brew recipe or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back