Too much head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Primavera

Reaction score
...said no one ever :ban:

Seriously though

My latest batch of APA/IPA is pretty simple - 10# of Marris Otter and 1# of Crystal 60°L for a 1.050 O.G. No other adjuncts or additives other than hops.

Bottled with corn sugar to 2.4 and the result is moderately carbed just a bit less than a typical commercial IPA which is what I was going for.

The problem is that this batch is difficult (almost impossible) to pour without forming enough foam to fill 2/3 of the glass. It doesn't matter if the class is warm, cold or plastic.

Any idea why this could be?

...said no one ever :ban:

Seriously though

My latest batch of APA/IPA is pretty simple - 10# of Marris Otter and 1# of Crystal 60°L for a 1.050 O.G. No other adjuncts or additives other than hops.

Bottled with corn sugar to 2.4 and the result is moderately carbed just a bit less than a typical commercial IPA which is what I was going for.

The problem is that this batch is difficult (almost impossible) to pour without forming enough foam to fill 2/3 of the glass. It doesn't matter if the class is warm, cold or plastic.

Any idea why this could be?

How long were the bottles refrigerated before pouring?

Edit: Like the way you preempted to inevitable jokes.

Brew on :mug:

Back