Winter Wheat Ale??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edm1602

Reaction score
Looking for an established Winter Wheat Ale recipe. Still a newb to brewing so I'm not up to making my own recipe yet. Anyone have any to share or know of any? Help please... Oh and I have done anything with a secondary yet.... Anybody????

To further clarify.... An underlying wheat beer with some of the traditional winter ale accompaniments and/or other associated flavors....

To further clarify.... An underlying wheat beer with some of the traditional winter ale accompaniments and/or other associated flavors....

Hmm... this seems a bit contradictory. To me, a wheat beer is one that is light in color and flavor, medium to light in alcohol, an easy drinking thirst quencher for the hot summer days.

A winter ale is one with some darker roasts for flavor, perhaps a bit "chewy", and with more alcohol to warm you on those cold winter nights. I think it would be hard to combine the characteristics.

I tried the Samuel Adam's White Christmas and I thought it was a different but pleasant tasting brew. I was looking for something similar to brew. The White Christmas has the crispness of a wheat, with some subtle winter spices.

OR.... does anyone have an idea for a winter brew that is sort of universally appealing?

Have you checked out Northerbrewer for their Winter Warmer recipe? I've never tried it but it looks pretty tasty

I made the Winter Warmer from Keystone Homebrew in PA, it's been bottled just under 2 weeks. I may have opened one and it's pretty righteous!

I think what you are really looking for is a Blue Moon clone with some of the citrus zests and coriander replaced with spices. I might try a small batch with just the orange zest and then add some cinnamon and nutmeg.

Back