Yeast out of Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
I bought a couple of cheap dry yeast packs just to have around a week or so ago. I bought them at about 11:00 am, left the brew store to run a few other erands, ran into a freind we went to the bar and I forgot about the yeast in my car. I didnt get home until about 7 at night. It was a fairly cool day around 50 to 60.
DO you think this yeast is ok to still use if needed? Or keeping it out of the fridge that long did it go bad? I only spent a couple bucks so not worried about that I just dont want it to stop a fermentation or something.

I'm thinking it should be okay. Maybe buy a few backups in case they don't appear viable when you rehydrate them. If you don't end up needing the backups, well, you have yeast for next time.

your yeast should be absolutely fine.

i have left my yeast in my cupboards for months at room temperature and all the beers i made with it tasted fine.

Back