Best of Vermont's Breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up in burlington this weekend stopped by long trail for lunch, alchemist for some samples, rock art, and hill farmstead.
Man was that a mistake droping by HF @ 3 on a sat, lets just say there was over a 2 hour wait just for growler fills all while in the middle of this snow storm, which actually dropped nothing at the end of all this.....Im getting off topic.

Walked away with 6 bottles though since they were nice enough to take orders from the back of the line.
2 arthur, 1 Florence, 1 fear and trem, 1 grassroots, 1 la vermontoise

Lady said to deff come back on a weds or thurs and theres rarely a long wait.

Planning on running by switchback this morning, high gravity (american flatbread) for lunch and possibly magic hat afterwords before walking the town with SWMBO on church street/champlain area and stoping by bev warehouse for lawsons

Alchemist for cases on monday, prohibiton pig for lunch and possibly hitting otter creek on our way back down to LI.
Cheers guys! Taking some requests for trades trying to get a high trade ratio for cans since this trip is a gas GUSSLER for me.

Also while im still up here any other suggestions or tips for the area?

I was at HF on Wednesday and there was only like 5 other people there. Guess I got lucky!

Instead of Prohibition Pig, head a couple doors up the hill to the Reservoir. They have a huge beer list, with HF on tap and other VT greats like Lawson's Finest. I think the food's a bit cheaper there (but still very good), and PP doesn't open until 4pm anyway.

Speaking of Lawson's Finest, if you're around on Thursdays, the Warren store near Sugarbush gets bottles in at 11am. There were none when I went the other day, the owner said there's a line outside the door when they get 'em in.

I was at HF on Wednesday and there was only like 5 other people there. Guess I got lucky!

Instead of Prohibition Pig, head a couple doors up the hill to the Reservoir. They have a huge beer list, with HF on tap and other VT greats like Lawson's Finest. I think the food's a bit cheaper there (but still very good), and PP doesn't open until 4pm anyway.

Speaking of Lawson's Finest, if you're around on Thursdays, the Warren store near Sugarbush gets bottles in at 11am. There were none when I went the other day, the owner said there's a line outside the door when they get 'em in.

haha crazy were you up the whole weekend?

We ended up doing PP on Saturday night after we realized they didnt open till late on monday. HF was a MESS lady came saying its more than a 2 hour wait just for tastings and we were still outside. We ended up taking 1 of each bottle and callin it quits. There was a nasty snow storm coming (which ended up being nothing) lol

We went up to bev warehouse and the guy said the same thing. gets em on friday and there gone within an hour. although i did try toast (black ipa) on tap at PP and i was not crazy about it being called an IPA. It was a nice brew but nothing i would go back for. Really pissed that was the first thing i had from him but hey, im sure his others are amazing.

TBH it's just good beer to me. Nothing that makes me throw a massive chub or anything, just good stuff. But there is a lot of good stuff in VT all over the place.

Does Fiddlehead bottle their IPA? That stuff is fantastic.

Lawsons Double Sunshine is top notch. Most of his other stuff is just good. Fiddlehead doesn't bottle, only growlers at the brewery. They have been serving a tasty dipa. Only available at the farmhouse, now, I think.

Ailstock said:
How readily available I'd Lawson's Double Sunshine IPA? I'd like to try it.

Pretty rare, actually. I haven't seen it in months. I think he released some in warren, last week. Hopefully it makes it up to Burlington this week

LarvalCraze said:
Pretty rare, actually. I haven't seen it in months. I think he released some in warren, last week. Hopefully it makes it up to Burlington this week

Well if ever possible I'd love to trade for it.

Back