Dry Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBeer

Reaction score
I brewed an extract Two Hearted Clone 2 weeks ago. I have to bottle it in 2 weeks because I'm moving and will be unable to keep it refrigerated. I have an ounce of hops to add to dry hop it.

Should I dry hop it now and let them stay for two weeks or do it sooner to the bottling time?

I recently did an AG all centennial IPA. I dry hopped for 7 days and it turned out amazing. Also I dry hopped with an ounce and it was just a half batch. It was also my first time dry hopping, but when I researched it seemed 5-7 was what has been suggested.

1 week works well. More than 10 days or so,& you start getting grassy flavors they say. So I just do 7 days,then bottle. And use o2 barrier caps,they def keep the flavors getting better for longer. And they only cost about a dollar more per 144 count bag.

I always dry hop for 2 weeks, and never get a grassy flavor. Maybe I just don't taste it, or maybe I like it and think it is part of the hop flavor. Whatever; I like my dry-hopped beers. I once left one for 4 months and didn't have a problem.

Thanks for the opnions,all.Ive not done much dryhopping and is good to see what people think,ive oaked a week, but now im going 2 or 3 on it. I like grassy so i guess i will try to dryhop 2 wks next time, why waste good hop flavor,Im a wet hop fan soif this is what you get , i love it chances are it wont last forever anyway

Back