time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone is going to have to take the reins on this next one...I'm at the library studying for a big test...no beer for me tonight.

Sorry if this picture is kind of big

ForumRunner_20111024_171122.jpg

Still shooting around the bullseye... this beer is sometimes lagered, sometimes fermented with ale yeast

whoops! i was going to have this beer last night, but i forgot it in the freezer and it got explody. This beer is a little left of normal, so let's try to guess the base style and where i got the yeast from.

hints: the base grain/hop bill is traditional, the secondary yeast is not.

DSC00211.jpg

ok pretty close. it's a fruit lambic, but the bugs are what make it different. they came from a non beery source, but still a fermented product.

You said the "yeast" for the secondary initially, but now you've got me thinking you harvested lactobacillus from saurkraut...

Cascadegan said:
Well its a cream ale, but the two terms pretty much mean the same thing right? You are up

You kind of gave it away, they are not the same thing. They have different BJCP style designations and are different beers altogether. But at least now the thread is moving, here ya go

ForumRunner_20111102_172554.jpg

Back