Tap Handle Collectors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
I recently started collecting tap handles.
No real reason other than I thought it's be cool for the kegerator.

Anyone else?

I use to pick them up all the time when I was in college, but I stopped because I had nothing to do with them. I have a about 10 or 15 of typical beers, but only a few nice ones. Once I get a tap system I will prob look for them more often.

I love having the decorative tap handles...

So far, Guinness, Murphy's, Bodingtons, Harp, Wydner's Pear Cider, Red Hook Ale, Genesee Cream Ale, Stell Artios (gave that one to my son), and Harpoon IPA...

Trying to kick the habit...it can be addictive

addictive?

My paypal account has been decimated in the last two weeks. :rockin:

I have found some really rare handles though.

I don't collect them , but Sam's Steins is down the road from me. He has a quite impressive selection available. The people there are real nice also.

I did buy a few from him, but I don't think I'm going to start collecting them.

I don't collect, but I am looking for ideas for things to tap to use as a tap handle. I'm currently looking for a CHEAP electric guitar neck (with tuners), an 8-ball, a Stick shift knob, etc.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the wood lathe that I've never used and turn me one.

dont think i'll collect but i have 3 right now and will get the 4th one soon enough. i have a SNPA, DFH 90, Mad Anthony's Pale (i grew up close to FW, Indiana and love the place). i'll probably get Bell's Two Hearted as my 4th. i might get more in the future.

Once I get my keezer done I plan on just getting custom taps for my brews, don't think I will tap collecting.

The coolest ones I have seen were at a brewery in Ferndale, MI. The tap's were pistons. I would love to do something like this when I get a nice tap set-up. They had a great Rasberry Wheat beer on tap. Here is the site, you can see the handles in the picture. http://thewabsite.com/

The coolest ones I have seen were at a brewery in Ferndale, MI. The tap's were pistons. I would love to do something like this when I get a nice tap set-up. They had a great Rasberry Wheat beer on tap. Here is the site, you can see the handles in the picture. http://thewabsite.com/

That's pretty awesome! I could do that since I probably have a few extra laying around, and if not, I bet they are easy to get. Could drill and tap the rod and weld the piston on solid.

Back