An anniversary.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Anniversary.

For some reason, I thought you had been around longer than that.

Probably because we spend so much time on here.

I'm jealous that you know the date! I just sort of fell into brewing. I had bought a Beer Machine 2000 (what a ripoff!) and made a few unsatisfactory batches. Then, I started making wine (which is much easier!)

After I broke my leg, I got more interested in brewing, since I was laid up off and on for almost 18 months. I don't remember the date of my first "real" batch, though. I just knew that I had most of what I needed, since I had been making wine. I think the first one was a Brewer's Best kit.

I'm sure that you're like me in that you look around and think, "Whoa! I got into this stuff pretty quickly!" Five years ago, if someone would have told me I'd have a ghetto microbrewery in my basement, a kegerator, and be moderating a homebrew forum on the internet, I was would have laughed and thought they were nuts!

I honestly don't know what I did before I started homebrewing. Probably was more productive at work, but really....just can't remember. :)

Happy A! I'm coming up on two years in July, but haven't even brewed 50 batches, I bet! You're insane!

And what one-year-old brew did you pull off the shelf to celebrate?

Cuz I know you stashed some of that first batch somewhere to sample on a special day...right???? right???? :D

And what one-year-old brew did you pull off the shelf to celebrate?

Cuz I know you stashed some of that first batch somewhere to sample on a special day...right???? right???? :D

That first batch is long since gone, I'm afraid, so I'll be commemorating the occasion a little late with a Talon barleywine, courtesy of FireBrewer. :rockin:

Back