Does this make sense?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruprplxd

Reaction score
I made my first batch of beer 2-3 months ago. It was a Nut Brown Ale. I used Munton's Carb Tablets. The directions say use 3 tabs for light carbonation, 4 tabs for normal carbonation, and 5 tablets for high carbonation. I used 4 tablets in most of the bottles but thought I'd try 3 tablets in about 8 bottles. So now the beer is ready. The 4 tablets have very mild carbonation and have good taste, but are really kind of flat. But, the 3 tablet bottles are just fine and have regular carbonation. The have more carbonation than the 4 tablet bottles. It doesn't make sense to me. I KNOW I didn't get the bottles mixed up. I marked them right away. And if you ask me about the FG-I don't know. I didn't pay attention. But, what's up with my carbonation? And do you think they will keep getting more carbonated? They've been in the bottle at least a month.

After a month, they probably aren't going to get much more carbonated.

What temperature did the bottles sit at while conditioning? If you'd like to try and get more carbonation, you could always try swirling the bottles around a bit to wake up those lazy yeast and leaving them in a room that has temperatures > 70F. That may or may not work.

Back