Love TS-13010 and an SSR?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecked

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking at getting a RIMS tube from Brewers Hardware and I would like to use one of my spare TS-13010's to run it. I am not finding much info with the searches I have run:( Any input?

Wrecked

if you're using a 1500w element or less, you can just run it directly through the love switch. Just look for wiring diagrams for the keezers, and put the heating element in the place of the keezer.

Now that being said, since it's not a PID, and has a minimum 1 degree differential, you may find that it might not react quickly enough, and may have some significant temp swings / overshoots.

If you want to try it, I'd do a test run with just water first.

Shockerengr said:
if you're using a 1500w element or less, you can just run it directly through the love switch. Just look for wiring diagrams for the keezers, and put the heating element in the place of the keezer.

Now that being said, since it's not a PID, and has a minimum 1 degree differential, you may find that it might not react quickly enough, and may have some significant temp swings / overshoots.

If you want to try it, I'd do a test run with just water first.

Ahhh, good info! I think i will just get a PID to be on the safe side. I have been looking for a reason to build a new control panel anyway, lol Any suggestions on which PID to get.?

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I sure don't, my (gas) system uses a custom microcontroller, so I haven't gone looking for any.

Latest posts

Back