White IPA - where can I find it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had Linchpin brewed by Green Flash. Its a belgian or white IPA and it was very good. Usually I am not a fan of belgian yeast. If I were brewing one I would do a wheat IPA using american wheat ale.

I really like Chain Breaker. Since my brew have gotten better I don't drink a lot of commercial beers and when I do I usually get 22oz of something that looks interesting. Chain Breaker is one of the only beers I'll buy a 12 pack of. I haven't tried any other examples of the style though.

+1 on New Belgium's Accumulation. Good stuff. Centennial+Mosaic+Amarillo. Yeah.
If anyone gets anything in the neighborhood of a clone, I'd love to see it.

First White IPA I had was the Collaboration/Conflux between Deschutes and Boulevard a couple years ago. I know they're supposed to be the same beer, and both were good, but Boulevard's was better.

Chainbreaker, as it's available now in bottles, is different (and not as good) as I remember having in Deschutes' pub house in Bend a couple summers ago. But it's not bad and better than most other White IPAs I've had (especially better than Sam Adams', which was terrible).

I've brewed two different ones, one extract and one all-grain. Here's the recipe on my all-grain. I used Wyeast Forbidden Fruit on both versions.
I don't know that it's the best beer I've made but it's been my favorite so far. The lemongrass/sage on the dry-hop comes out really well.

+ 1 For the New Belgium Accumulation White IPA. It's pretty light-bodied and very smooth for the style. I smelled grapefruit and citrus notes right off the bat. The bitterness didn't linger too long like a normal IPA.

I LOVE IPAs. I hate Belgian beers. Thought I might finally have found a Belgian beer I love, but no.

I DO love this Accumulation. I was worried when I first poured it and saw how VERY white/light this beer is. As soon as I caught a whiff of it though, I knew it was gonna be yummy. And yummy it is!

Back