Post a pic--let's see your ugly mugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year, Everglades.

image-2341199631.jpg

Yeah, but there isn't much like getting 4 rods nailed one after another, struggling to get them in, fish off, bait on, line out for as long as you can stay in the school.

jeepinjeepin said:
Yeah, but there isn't much like getting 4 rods nailed one after another, struggling to get them in, fish off, bait on, line out for as long as you can stay in the school.

For sure! We have tuna days where all the rods are down and the hand lines. Makes for a bloody boat!

HoppyDaze said:
For sure! We have tuna days where all the rods are down and the hand lines. Makes for a bloody boat!

Yup, they took a 366 lb bluefin the other day. He posts photos from every day fishing no matter if it was 2 dolphin or a monster tuna or marlin. I hope to afford a trip with him one day.

http://www.godspeedcharters.com/OuterBanksFishingReport/

It's been a few years since we caught steelhead that big hoppy. Used my surf rod & a big spinning real. Need a bigger real for this &*^%^#$!@#$%^ shovelhead that kept taking our rigs in the western basin of Lake Erie though...:rockin:

Hubby and his friend caught a shark once, lucky I was in a different boat. Wish we got pictures, his friend almost got bit and someone had to sit on the cooler the rest of the day to keep it in there. They did try to knock it in the head to kill it, but that's how the bite almost happened. Later they dumped it on the ground from the big cooler and waited for it to stop moving. We ate it and it was good.

BobbiLynn said:
Hubby and his friend caught a shark once, lucky I was in a different boat. Wish we got pictures, his friend almost got bit and someone had to sit on the cooler the rest of the day to keep it in there. They did try to knock it in the head to kill it, but that's how the bite almost happened. Later they dumped it on the ground from the big cooler and waited for it to stop moving. We ate it and it was good.

http://youtu.be/mqbpYuMU-nM

BobbiLynn said:

That's why we always kept a large club and a gun on the boat. It made handling shark a lot easier especially if they had any size to them.

If ya gonna play with a shark ain't ya supposed to bring him on deck and straddle him and pin his head with both hands? Obviously not a good idea though with one big enough to move you.

I learned about Shark Skin Sandpaper the hard way. We were fishing off the coast out of Virginia Beach in July, 1982. I caught my first shark ever, about a 5' Dusky Shark, I was standing in the stern with the shark on a gaff while my buddy snapped a picture. The boat took a bad roll off the swells and I fell to my butt on the transom and the shark slid backwards down my right leg, sanded the skin right off from the bottom of my shorts to just below my knee. Between the hot sun, the salt spray and everything else, my leg was killing me, we kept pouring cold Michelob (25cents a can on base at that time) on it and covering it with a damp towel.

I learned about Shark Skin Sandpaper the hard way. We were fishing off the coast out of Virginia Beach in July, 1982. I caught my first shark ever, about a 5' Dusky Shark, I was standing in the stern with the shark on a gaff while my buddy snapped a picture. The boat took a bad roll off the swells and I fell to my butt on the transom and the shark slid backwards down my right leg, sanded the skin right off from the bottom of my shorts to just below my knee. Between the hot sun, the salt spray and everything else, my leg was killing me, we kept pouring cold Michelob (25cents a can on base at that time) on it and covering it with a damp towel.

SEE! BMC has its uses!

My face after discovering a yeast/strawberry romance explosion. (Note: I can only achieve this level of awesomeness with my hair straight out if bed) image-2682260156.jpg

Also the aftermath. Who knew defoamer only works when you actually add it to the beer... image-3531171171.jpg

I went through some radical hairstyles changes the past month, ending up with cutting it all off to donate last weekend

I started by growing a goatee. I was nervous about this as the last time I started a moustache it affected my tuba playing. My chops are stronger now so it hasn't been a problem
pjj1-59843.jpg

For the hair's final week I let it out (I usually kept in in a barrette)
pjj2-59845.jpg

Six weeks into facial hair and no problems with playing
pjj4-59846.jpg

We had a little fun before getting it cut off. I said do whatever you want with it. This is what she did.
pjj3-59844.jpg

Here is where we are at now.
pjj5-59847.jpg

was that wynona's big brown beaver?
one day did she know that beaver had to leave her?

drunken selfie at mcmenamins

2013-03-30_18-20-55_198_zps5940bbc9.jpg

Dentist selfie

2013-01-18_09-27-17_42_zpsc1c5fddd.jpg

at work selfie

IMG_20120719_150707_zps0c2d6865.jpg

haven't shaved for a long time and when i was still smoking selfie...

2012-07-06_22-21-01_321_zpsab7611b9.jpg

ENJOY!

Did you eat that beaver??

I have smoked beaver before but I normally don't eat them. I just trap them and harvest their fur, but I only trap nuisance beavers that are causing damage to mine and other peoples property. I don't just kill them for fun.

Back