Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewsBrew

Reaction score
I nearly fudged my undies when I found 4 - 4 packs of Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner at my local gas station convenience store of all places. I didn't even realize that they released it this year. I ended up walking out with 2 and may go back for the other 2. What a creation! Nothing but Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops in HUGE quantities. The flavor is enormous. This could be the smoothest and most well balanced beer of this alcohol content I've ever had. The closest thing tastewise I can think of is the Dogfish 90 minute and it walks all over that...no contest. At $9 a 4 pack, its not cheap but well worth the purchase.

I had the SA Imp. Pilsner for the first time last week and I liked it.
I just got a six pack of SNCA and will be tasting it for the first time tonight.

The local Publix (grocery store) carries both in the beer section. I

I like mixing a third of one with last years Double Bock

{Disclaimer}i'm not a hop head

i just got a 4 pack last night and it's pretty good but i don't think it's as good as dogfish 90. but since i can't find the DFH 90 here yet ill probably replace it with the sam adam's until i brew my own. How do you guys think this stuff would respond to aging. IM new to the whole long aging thing so im not sure if this is a good beer to age or not.

I picked up a 4 pack 2 weeks ago, but have been waiting until this damn head cold disappears first. I didn't think it'd be fair to have them while I can't smell or taste a damn thing.

i just got a 4 pack last night and it's pretty good but i don't think it's as good as dogfish 90. but since i can't find the DFH 90 here yet ill probably replace it with the sam adam's until i brew my own. How do you guys think this stuff would respond to aging. IM new to the whole long aging thing so im not sure if this is a good beer to age or not.

you do realize these are two completely different beer styles you are comparing. That's like saying I really prefer Mardesous over bud light...

The Imp. Pilsener will not age well, most really hoppy beers don't. I haven't seen this years release yet, but am eagerly awaiting it, I loved it last year.

Back