Who Would You Like To Brew With On These Forums?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstranger99

Reaction score
My choice would be Yooper, I'd meticulously watch her every movement, the temp measurements, the boil, hop additions, when she adds the DME or LME, the wort chill, right up to the yeast pitch. All the while being topless of course.. (her, not me)....... :D

Who's your pick ? :mug:

She brews all grain and I'm pretty sure she's smart enough to keep delicate area's covered while working around an open flame!

I too, think Yooper would look best not wearing a hat. That's what you meant, right?

I think brewing with just about any of the mods and regulars here would be a lot of fun and informative as all get out, with the exception of cheezydemon. The two of us in close vicinity would likely get one or both of us in serious trouble :fro:

Ed Wort, Revvy or Yooper. So much knowledge that I would most likely annoy the living hell out of them just asking questions.

Yooper or Biermuncher....Yooper because no doubt she knows everything and is a meticulous brewer. And Biermuncher simply has a gifted hand at brewing.

Creamy and Cheezy. Pretty sure that most of the ingredients would be put together on a dare, but much fun would be had by all. For the record, I'm drinking anything with cabbage or scrapple in it.

This is exactly what popped into my head when I read the title. Of course, they would have to be drunk...

Yooper, Revvy, Creamy, Cheezy would all be on my list of interesting choices for brewing/learning sessions just from the so very many things I have read by them. Actually I would be hard pressed to keep this a short list.

Zuljin. Just because it would be an experience. He would probably be busy biting the heads off bats and spitting them in the wort or some other crazy such nonsense. (probably similar when brewing with Cheesydemon or Creamygoodness)

But there are way too many people on here I'd brew with to list out.

I'm with CG albeit probably for a different reason. Pretty much anyone would do. I'm such a lonely brewer. Hmm... that's sounds like a brewery name... The Lonely Brewer.

Seriously, though, I do think brewing with just about any relatively experienced brewer would be a fun experience. It's always fun to meet a fellow brewer and see a different brewer's perspective in action.

Like Sonofgrok said, Zuljin. Somehow I think shotguns, and possibly pyschodelics might be involved. I mean, he IS really Hunter Thompson, isn't he? HST isn't really dead. He's just hanging out on a porch couch.

I'd brew with CreamyG. I doubt we'd get anything done because I feel like we have the same sense of humor, so we'd end up just getting drunk and *****ing around all afternoon until the wives got sick of us and kicked us out. Or not. I never met the guy.....:ban:

She brews all grain and I'm pretty sure she's smart enough to keep delicate area's covered while working around an open flame!

You guys make me literally "LOL".

But apparently you missed the burned boobies episode of "why I'm dumb" -brewing by Yooper. I have a scar on my left boob.

Did you know that even with a t-shirt on, lifting up a lid with a sparge arm shooting 180 degree water at your chest that you will get burned?!?! :drunk:

Good thing I wasn't brewcasting that day, as off came my shirt as I used the sprayer on the sink to spray cold water on my chest. It's a small scar, but it blistered and stuff when it happened.

I'm no expert, but I appreciate all the kind words. I've brewed with Xiang, Homercidal, Lschiavo (quite a few times), Zamial, Conpewter, HenryHill, Pappers (sorta), Reedwalker, FSR402, HotbreakHotel, and several other forum members and it's always a blast.

I pretty much stand around and talk and drink beer, though. I don't really do anything else when other people are around. :drunk:

I wanna brew with bozo. Would be the best beer anyone ever drank.

I'd wanna brew with Ace, so I could blow up his toilet.

I'd wanna brew with Randar, just so I could steal personal info, and sign him up for an NRA membership.

But, in answering the question, I would love brewing with just about anybody on this forum.

One that really stands out for me if I had to pick just one, though- is Denny. I'm sort of a star-struck Denny Conn fan, and Denny is such a super nice guy that I'd love to brew with him. We've met a couple of times, but never in a brewing situation, and I think he'd be a great one to learn from.

I genuinely like most people from the forum, so I'd really like to brew with any one of you!

Vaguely off-topic, but can I say that attending a homebrew club meeting populated with all AG brewers and showing up with a bottle of bread-yeast cyser as an (inadequate) offering was an amazing experience. Either I legitimately showed them that honey and breadyeast together can do marvelous things or they were so welcoming as to pretend... either way I think the folks at Brewstoria are great.

I'm going to have to second the Denny comment. Mostly because the first all grain I ever did was his Wry Smile IPA and it blew my mind. Since then friends and I have tried out the Old Stoner and the Bourbon Whiskey Vanilla Imperial Whatever it's called Porter. Seems like sitting in on a big beer brew session with him would be fun, informative and would yield a pretty great product.

Other than that, hmmm, I guess anyone else on here. It's always more fun with more people.

Yooper said:
You guys make me literally "LOL".

But apparently you missed the burned boobies episode of "why I'm dumb" -brewing by Yooper. I have a scar on my left boob.

Did you know that even with a t-shirt on, lifting up a lid with a sparge arm shooting 180 degree water at your chest that you will get burned?!?! :drunk:

Good thing I wasn't brewcasting that day, as off came my shirt as I used the sprayer on the sink to spray cold water on my chest. It's a small scar, but it blistered and stuff when it happened.

I'm no expert, but I appreciate all the kind words. I've brewed with Xiang, Homercidal, Lschiavo (quite a few times), Zamial, Conpewter, HenryHill, Pappers (sorta), Reedwalker, FSR402, HotbreakHotel, and several other forum members and it's always a blast.

I pretty much stand around and talk and drink beer, though. I don't really do anything else when other people are around. :drunk:

Well I was going to say I would like to brew with subsailor just so I could go to Alaska, but this story sounds better than a trip to Alaska!
New top of the list for me!

I would actually enjoy brewing with most anyone.
An advanced person that I could learn from or a brand new brewer that I could maybe actually teach something to.
Pretty much anyone who can kick back, enjoy a brew day and a few beers.

I'd like to brew with Yooper. Yeah, ok, so I've already (kinda) brewed with her before, but I'm talking about an actual full-on brew, not a hang out with a whole bunch of other people and stand around yakking once in a while someone dumps some hops into the kettle situation. (Although to be honest, that is a VERY fun time too)

There are several others. Some of them aren't regular attenders anymore.

And BrewerinBR. I'd love to check out his brew room sometime and honestly he makes some fantastic strange recipes!

Sometimes I just want to brew with myself too. Too often I find myself not really there while I'm brewing. This usually leads to missed hop additions, forgetting to heat sparge water ahead of time, forgetting to take gravity readings, etc...

How about this--I'd like to stand around and watch as Revvy brews with one of the "my beer hasn't started bubbling in 12 hours" thread posters. I'd like to get the live-action version of one of his three page sermons on why yeast know a hell of a lot more about alcohol production that you do, just not directed at me.

How about this--I'd like to stand around and watch as Revvy brews with one of the "my beer hasn't started bubbling in 12 hours" thread posters. I'd like to get the live-action version of one of his three page sermons on why yeast know a hell of a lot more about alcohol production that you do, just not directed at me.

Were you the recipient of such a Revvy sermon? Wait....I'm pretty sure most people here got their HBT initiation through one. I'm starting to think it's a right of passage to access the rest of the community.

On the mead side of things, fatbloke could always be counted on to tell you to pull your head out of your arse and follow directions.

I think I did get one from him about not resurrecting the "secondary vs. no secondary" debate...whoops!

It's funny because as someone who has been brewing for almost a decade but who never got involved in the online brewing community (I'm a little bit of a troglodyte--no cell phone or anything), I didn't realize I was so behind on so many things. My style of brewing has always been pretty much "basic is better", so I never felt like I was missing out on anything, but there are a lot of threads on here that I wish I would have read back when they happened in 2008 rather than just within the last three months! Ah well, c'est la vie. Just gives me reason to spend more time reading the site to catch up.

You aint lyin. That guy would probably hit on the wife, drink all the beer, and leave a trail of gnomes and bears behind. I rescind my earlier statement.

Depending on the market value of said gnomes and bears, I might be willing to make that trade. What does your garden-variety gnome go for on ebay nowadays anyhow?

Depending on the market value of said gnomes and bears, I might be willing to make that trade. What does your garden-variety gnome go for on ebay nowadays anyhow?

I have a feeling that Cheezy's gnomes would be anything but garden-variety. I would expect they would go for a premium and come with a premium amount of trouble. I've heard the bears are iridescent in the moonlight.

I have a feeling that Cheezy's gnomes would be anything but garden-variety. I would expect they would go for a premium and come with a premium amount of trouble. I've heard the bears are iridescent in the moonlight.

Yeah the bears sparkle....I watched twilight 487 times AND IT KEEPS GETTIN FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME and I decided I wanted the bears to sparkle like Edward. How'd you guys find out????

Yeah the bears sparkle....I watched twilight 487 times AND IT KEEPS GETTIN FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME and I decided I wanted the bears to sparkle like Edward. How'd you guys find out????

Ghey. They friggin sparkle man. You didn't think I would notice the little superstars dancing their bear jigs in my fermenter at night? I'm a brewer. We ALL like to tell our beer bedtime stories at the end of the day. Don't deny it either.

Dude... you know his name?!?!?... dude... dude...

Ahhh hell. You got me!

I was forced to watch the first one. That is how I know first hand about the apalling acting and directing...and, alas, ****** edwards frigging name.

And the sparkling and such.

Back