Any Chest Freezers on Sale for Black Friday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skep18

Reaction score
Anyone seen a common big box store ads advertising a chest freezer on sale? I'm looking for something and haven't seen anything where I've looked yet.

Thanks!

Check out your local Home Depot. They started their black friday sale a couple weeks ago, and last time I was there, there were several chest freezers marked down. Good Luck!

Homebrewfinds is not a reliable source for deals. They are all affiliated links. Maybe if they reviewed the products that they support, I would follow them.

Best Buy has a 7.2 cu ft. Igloo unit on sale for $179. I picked one up to use for fermentation. Now to find a good deal on a temperature controller.

I just bought this:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_328167-2251-LFUH21F7LM_0__?productId=3240904
It seems like a great deal for my 8 tap upright. From my rough measurements, it looks like it will just fit 12 ball lock kegs. It also doesn't have any slanted hump at the bottom like some uprights. Shelves are entirely removeable. It has a fancy digital thermostat, but I am assuming someone on here or someone I know will be able to help me with connecting the stc-1000 to control it. All the wires seem readily accessible next to the compressor. On sale in white for $549, and in fake stainless for $599. I talked the store manager into giving me 10% off additionally if I signed up for a lowes card, and I got the 18 months no interest from the card. If you can't get that, you can at least get 5% off by using a lowes card or 10% off by being military.

I bought the freezer listed early in the thread from Kmart. The 25% off coupon code is valid through today just FYI. I was not able to find a better deal on a 7.1 cf anywhere else.

I bought the freezer listed early in the thread from Kmart. The 25% off coupon code is valid through today just FYI. I was not able to find a better deal on a 7.1 cf anywhere else.

Oh wow, didnt notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess I am going to purchase that one today.

Back