March Madness and home brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benxrow2002

Reaction score
So how many of you called off work today and are enjoying games on TV and a home brew in your living room?

Today I am watching basketball all day, and I'm eating BBQ Beef Brisket that was smoked for 30 hours, eating peppers I canned from the garden, and drinking a Belgian Wit and a Porter that were brewed specifically for this day.

I love my new hobby and I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!

Anyone else kickin' back today?

Sounds like a great "sick" day!

I'm not doing much--just going to an Irish pub after work to watch my team (Kansas State) lose :mug:

Been kicking back all day, Sweetwater 420 some Sierra Nevada Bigfoot and a few brews from Stoudts Brewing. Didnt have any homebrews with me cause I'm out fo town.

benxrow2002 said:
Today I am watching basketball all day, and I'm eating BBQ Beef Brisket that was smoked for 30 hours, eating peppers I canned from the garden, and drinking a Belgian Wit and a Porter that were brewed specifically for this day.
?

I think some saliva just dripped from my mouth onto my pressed shirt

I've got plenty of homebrew (my own and some friends' gifts) and the tourney on. USC is going to bite me in the ass in my brackets, but the rest is all good.

Your food sounds awesome. I like great food, but I don't eat much so I can drink more beer!

Great games so far, I can't believe how close they've been. I was thinking Belmont could pull it off there for a while.

maltMonkey said:
Sounds like a great "sick" day!

I'm not doing much--just going to an Irish pub after work to watch my team (Kansas State) lose :mug:

Go K State! I have them in my sweet 16, hope they don't disappoint. I have been watching the tourny all day since class "ended" (walked out) early at about 11:30. Just in time for the games.

Yeah! K-State won! And I'm half drunk!

Just popped open my hefeweizen...tasting great right now, but then again I'm full of beer and victory.

maltMonkey said:

Guess they've exceeded your expectations then.

Funny, but I saw Top 10 teams that can win it all on MSNBC.com; they had K State listed as the 10th team as kind of an "anything can happen" type deal. Obviously they said Beasley could carry them (again, if miracles happen).

Pretty cool that they won though. Too bad I had USC picked in 3 of the 4 brackets I did... :(

EDIT: Not to mention, when K State gets knocked out, at least you can root for the Jayhawks... all the way to the Championship...

Homebrew and March Madness is going to happen today. I get to bottle my Dry hopped IPA, clean up a bit, and then plop my butt on the couch with lots of beer! I can't wait.

I am trying to at least get the march madness part since I am still at work. My vid player on my PC just shows the game as a distorted and wacky colored blobbish thing. The ads look fine. Any one have a clue?? Sorry to be off topic, but I am desperate!

Go Cougs!

Three Pac 10 teams in the sweet 10. Doin great. Unfortunately all my brew will be purchased since I'm in Maui for two weeks !!!! I did have a Kona Longboard on draft tonight though. (ok, i had more than one).

Aloha,

ridebadger

Ohhhhhhhhh too many homebrews when U of L lost to UNC Saturday. They looked like they really might do it.

I had some amazing BBQ ribs, I got all crazy and did some Curry seasoned ribs, as well as super spicy and basic. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Ribs.....

What'd be kind of cool is if someone assigned a different beer ingredient to each team in the bracket. Then, as the numbers get smaller, the remaining four teams' representative ingredient would go in a special March Madness beer. Of course, you'd have to make sure at least one set of teams gets yeast assigned to them.

EinGutesBier said:
What'd be kind of cool is if someone assigned a different beer ingredient to each team in the bracket. Then, as the numbers get smaller, the remaining four teams' representative ingredient would go in a special March Madness beer. Of course, you'd have to make sure at least one set of teams gets yeast assigned to them.

this would either make an awesome - or hilariously bad beer. next year I am doing this.

Back