Turning Bottles During Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoldb1

Reaction score
I am currently in the fermentation stage of brewing and was wondering if I should be flipping the bottles once a day so the yeast does not settle on the bottom of the bottle? (I used carbtabs).

Thanks,

Derek

Temperature is more important. They will carb very well at 70 degrees or so and there should be no need to turn them daily.

Sounds rather normal, hop bits and maybe a little trub. If allowed it will settle.:) They settle even more when chilled after carbing up.

I think the floatees that you see are from the carb tabs. They will still be there when your beer is done. No problem though.

dgoldb1 said:
This was a Mr. Beer kit. I know...yuk... I want to do the real deal now!

I thought the same thing.....maybe if I turn the bottles the setiment will get eaten by the yeast....nope. It is just the way it goes...especially with those Mr. Beer kits. They do turn out good, though. If you stop using the "booster" and get more of the extract kits they sell. Until we can upgrade to 5 gallon batches, my friend....:mug:

Stop looking at your bottles, read a book or go to the gym :p

If you keep messing it'll fall off.:p

LEave them be and it'll settle. the Mr beer bottles ar quite good at retention due to the dimple in the bottom of the bottles.

I thak it as a bonus if I get a chunk o' yeast in my beer. Tastey:tank:

Ha, ok, I'll quit messing with them. I actually decided not to use the bottles with the mr beer kit and went out and bought 12 22oz amber bottles and a bench capper.

Do you guys consider the mr beer kit as an actual homebrew?

dgoldb1 said:
Do you guys consider the mr beer kit as an actual homebrew?

Yes it is homebrew. Don't let any one tell you otherwise.

Most of us that have a problem with that product is the marketing of it, the lack of quality ingredients in the kits and the sketchy directions.

Then again, that's what brings 'em all here.

Thanks for the replies. I am already eyeing up some beginner kits at Midwest Brew Supplies!

How long should I let the bottles sit on top of the fridge before I stick them inside the fridge?

Back