what the hell?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felix

Reaction score
you guys have to see this

i almost chocked on my sandwich

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8Wi7v80yM&feature=related]YouTube - Making Wine out of Coca Cola[/ame]

I didn't see him wash his hands after picking up the cat... I wonder how much hair got into the "wine" and if he even washes his hands before cooking?!

I have often wondered about fermented Mt. Dew. BYO even has a beer recipe that uses Mt. Dew as the main fermentable.

Actually, that was interesting, this guy seems to know a little more about chemistry than I do for on the fly additions of bi-carbonate to adjust the "mix".

The only difference between my "ghetto apartment" brewing and his is usually my two sinks are filled up with a bleach solution in one, and an idophor solution in the other so I can keep on dipping my hands, etc into them as I go along. Also I tend to grab some seran wrap and cover the carboys before I shake them so my nasty sanitized hands do not touch the "mix".

Coca-Cola wine..... Dam..., now my mind is starting to race on the possibilities.

now wait... this is where it gets really weird :confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_GYyRK6kyU&feature=related]YouTube - Halloween Tasting of Coca Cola Wine[/ame]

This guy knows as much about brewing as i know about high energy partical phyics, which is to say enough to get myself into trouble and also to sound really stupid if sombody who knows what im talking about happnds to be in the room... you can ferment pretty much anything but fermenting Coke is not the brightest idea in the box... most comercial sodas have a crap load of preservatives in them and its shocking he even got it to start... and the whole pukeing thing and stuff... and the mask... the word boob comes to mind... he also shouldnt have added the bicarb because the fermented coke wouldnt have much flavor to begin with so you would really only taste the bicarb... the stupid part is how many people on you tube told him to ferment Gatorade (which contains three chemical preservatives and wouldnt ferment) and one guy even told him to try and ferment crystal lite (which does not contain sugar but aspertame)... I am not only disgusted but offended.... as Daina Carvey once so insitfully put it "YOU CANT PISS INTO A MR. COFFEE AND GET TASTERS CHOICE" and what goes for brewing coffee goes the same for brewin anything....

Cheers

Back