Propane cylinder valve adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabst Blue Robot

Reaction score
So I scored a 100 lb LP cylinder for free and got it recerted for free and filled for 2.25/gal. My dilemma is that the tank has an old style connector (not the new acme threads) and I need to mate it to my burner's regulator.

I found a product that looks like it will do the trick here:

http://www.propaneproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=propprod&Product_Code=pau-3170&Category_Code=DC

pau-3170.gif

Should this work? Is there a way to do it cheaper?

What I'd really like to do is split the high pressure side so that I can run both of my burners off of it, but I don't see a simple way to accomplish that. Pic related.

If I were going to run 2 burners off 1 tank I would get an adjustable 30 psi regulator and put a brass Tee on the output side then run the lines (they should have separate valves on each line) to each of the burners.

It looks to me like the adapter you've got pictured will work.

They won't fill a tank like that here in Ga. you'd have to have a new valve installed.

So put a 30 PSI regulator and then tee off two two low pressure regulators from there? I would need to be able to run the burners are different pressures. Where would be a good place to find the hoses and regulators and fittings?

In Washington state, OPD is only required on tanks under 100 lb. :)

Back