Akron Hackerspace Brew Demo 1/05

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leithoa

Reaction score
The press and public are invited to the grand opening ceremony of SYN/HAK, The Akron Hackerspace on January 5, 2013 at 12pm. Located at 21 West North St., Akron, Ohio, SYN/HAK provides an environment for people to educate, create and share. SYN/HAK encourages community interaction through monthly talks, classes, workshops, and collaborative projects. Activities that will occur at the Opening Day event will include, but not be limited to, workshops on soldering, woodworking, metalworking, and beer brewing.
Hackerspaces are community-operated places where people can meet and work on their projects. SYN/HAK is a registered not-for-profit corporation in the State of Ohio, and at the time of publication application to the IRS for 501(c) 3 tax-exemption status has been submitted. Donations are always appreciated, and will be tax-exempt for the year 2013. For more information on SYN/HAK, please visit our website at http://synhak.org

Like our press release says above I will be conducting a Brew demo for the grand opening of Syn/Hak. There will be lots going on so swing by and check us out.
More to the beer I will be brewing an all grain English Mild
Code:
 5 Gallons - All Grain - OG: 1.034 - FG 1.002 -
 22 IBU - 13 SRM -  WY1028
5.5 lbs Maris Otter
0.33 Lbs Victory
1 Oz  Crystal 120
1 Oz Carafa III

60 min 0.5 oz(3 AAU) Willamette
25min 0.33 oz (1.65 AAU) Hallertau
        0.33 oz (1.98 AAU) Willamette

Driving back out to Akron on the 5th, but I'd check out any future events.

Is it BYO burners and such or are there full service kitchens available?

I will have one burner that I'll be using to brew the Mild I posted about earlier. For future events we might have another burner, depending on interest levels. But currently there is no community equipment. We only moved into our new space at the beginning of December so our kitchen area and a few other things are a work in progress as we coordinate with our landlord and his contractors.

Demos will be occurring until around 5pm and there will be people at the space well after that. We also hold meetings every Tuesday at 7pm and open hacking nights every Wednesday beginning at 6pm. We will have more regular hours in the near future but all of our focus recently has been on getting things built and organized after the move.

Back