Lagering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan1979

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in how you handle your lagers after fermentation is done. Do you slowly ramp down the temp from fermentation temp to lagering temp or so you just crash it. Do you lager it on the yeast (and trub) in the primary or transfer it to a secondary or keg?

I've got a Munich Helles in my fermenter that I used S-23 yeast in. It's the first time I've use a dry lager yeast so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I've been dropping it 1 degree C every day over the last couple weeks. I reached 1 C this morning and I need to figure out what I'll do with it next. I'll probably just rack it to a keg this weekend.

After the D-rest If It needed one, I rack to a keg. Then I drop the temp about 3 degrees until I hit 32. I lager for about 4-8 weeks, or until I have space in my kegerator. Never less than a month.

Back