Brewers are good people

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
I've decided that, except for a few bad apples, homebrewers and brewers in general are good people. I haven't met a lot of brewers other than through HBT but have met a few. All that I've met are super people.

I just got back from Granite City and met the head brewer there again. (I had chatted with him once before). Just a real good guy and super helpful. Today he stopped by the table and said hi because he had recognized me from before and we got to talking beer, then he said, "Want to try something?" I said sure and he went and pulled about a half pint of his still unfinished belgian wit, that they're gonna start selling as their seasonal, just to let me try it before anybody else. He discussed his Heffeweizen with me because I'm brewing one next week and was just a great guy. He even shared his brewing notes from it with me.

Anybody at my LHBS is super friendly and helpful as well. Customers and employees alike. Anytime I'm there, I come out with some helpful tidpits to make my beer better.

All of you on HBT are super as well. I don't feel as though I've ever been intentionally led astray by any of you. Plus, you all seem to be good natured and kind hearted in general and always full of good info.

So, I guess what this all boils down to is that I'm proud to be a brewer and be even remotely associated with such a great lot of people. And a big thank you to all of you in HBT land that haven't led me to believe otherwise.

End rave.

Yeah, brewers are cool. I think part of what it takes to want to be a brewer is to want to share something that brings fun times with other people.

Best I can explain it, being a brewer is kind of like being a magician with a happy spell.

Damn Squirrels said:
Yeah, brewers are cool. I think part of what it takes to want to be a brewer is to want to share something that brings fun times with other people.

Best I can explain it, being a brewer is kind of like being a magician with a happy spell.

Yeah, the best part of homebrewing is making the beer and sharing, drinking it is just a plus. It's always neat to sit down and drink a damn fine beer and go "I made this"... It's also lots of fun when people say "damn that's good" it makes all the hard times during that brew go away quickly. I think it's these kinds of things that leads us brewers to be kind and helpful to one another. And when another brewer tastes your beer and goes "that's nice/interesting/new" asks a question about it or even gives some advice if there's something just a bit off, it just makes you feel good.

The science is in:

skew.gif

Yeah, didn't mean to come off as so sappy. Might be better to just get drunk and post in drunken ramblings "I love you guys" or something. LOL.

EdWort said:
Guys that visit the green board. :D

I thought those were more of the "comic book guy" types, myself.

I agree with JeepGuy, that almost every brewer I've actually met (especially on this board) is especially helpful, friendly, and loves to share knowledge. Sure, there's always a few cruzers who don't use bleach and bad coppppers in the mix, but that's to be expected.

The beginner's section is just like a realtime tech-support line sometimes! I can't count the number of times I've gone into a thread there, typed up a response and thought to myself "I'd better refresh just in case". Sure enough, there's already two more replies from people who said basically the same thing I was going to say! Damn these slow fingers!

And... I love you guys too :mug:

I haven't had alot of interaction with local homebrewers yet, but this forum definately rocks. I've received tons of help and hopefully have provided some as well.

JeepGuy said:
Yeah, didn't mean to come off as so sappy. Might be better to just get drunk and post in drunken ramblings "I love you guys" or something. LOL.

Sappy? Maybe, but definately true. This really is a great hobby we have,shared by some damn fine ( if slightly off- kilter) people. We have a common love of not only beer, but doing things ourselves and spreading the word that not all beer is watery and yellow. One of the high points of the hobby for me is when I can convert a BMC drinker to a brewer. Nothing better than talking to a former Busch Light guy about the next porter or amber ale we're going to brew!

Brew your own and be proud!:rockin:

Back