Seltzer CO2 level

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Club soda is slightly different from seltzer water. Club soda has mineral-like ingredients added to enhance the flavor. Usually potassium bicarbonate and/or potassium sulfate. It's not much of a difference in taste, IMHO.

If you are looking for club soda you can just add a little baking soda.

When I make seltzer I run at 30 PSI for about a week. It really depends on how cold it is, how long you leave it on the gas, and how carbonated you like it. Start at 30 for 3 or 4 days and go from there.

Cheers,
The Doctor

What do you guys know about haw to regulate psi for seltzer and beer on the same setup? do I need a second regulator? logic tells me yes, but maybe I can preload the water? Anything is helpful for a noob to the kegerator world. Cheers

What do you guys know about haw to regulate psi for seltzer and beer on the same setup? do I need a second regulator? logic tells me yes, but maybe I can preload the water? Anything is helpful for a noob to the kegerator world. Cheers

Yes, I have a second regulator for mine. I have my water at 30 psi and my beer at 12 psi. It's much fizzier than beer.

Yes, I have a second regulator for mine. I have my water at 30 psi and my beer at 12 psi. It's much fizzier than beer.

I'm doing same. 35 psi for the water and 12 psi for the beer in 39F keezer. Really like having bubbly water on tap. Found this really cool website for calculating mineral additions to match different mineral water brands good place to start to get a sense of differences and total reasonable amount of minerals.
https://blog.khymos.org/2012/01/04/mineral-waters-a-la-carte/
I bought the two body regulator just for this purpose and then a week later I received a beer engine in the mail. Now I want a three body regulator so I can do 35psi to the water, 12psi to regular beer, 2psi to the "cask" ale through a cask breather.

Thank you much Yooper. Just what I was suspecting.. And thanks Eric19312 for the mineral link, I"ll definitely check that out. I have a nice dual gauge reg and I'm wondering if I'm better off "splitting" the co2 at the tank to a separate reg, or should I just get a dual body regulator? I can see maybe some pros and cons..?

I have a dual secondary regulator inside my kegerator. I set my main regulator to soda pressure, only 24psi for me at 40f, then tee off that line for secondary setup. I have 3 different pressures at once. To the OP, carbonation pressures are different for everyone making soda, the hard part is serving without losing carbonation, how long of serving lines do you want or have space for?

Hmm I didn't think about the length of line being something to consider... My setup is a standard Bevair kegerator running about 5 feet of line. I think mounting a second regulator will be my best option. And Thanks Mtrhdltd , I hadn't considered that would allow for 3 different pressures to play with.
1597848330949.png
Just tried some of my local gluten free keto tap seltzer, And it is SOOO good. Let the money saving begin! And heres to a normal looking recycling day. Cheers,

I have a dual regulator that feeds two air distributors (one with two valves and one with four valves). I have one regulator set at 35 psi for a keg of soda water and force carbing beer for the first 24 hours and the other regulator set at 12 psi for 4 kegs of beer on tap. All my taps have 12 feet of beer line. Works like a charm.

Back